Getting married..need support and motivation to shift some lbs before the big day !!

Options
lucky078
lucky078 Posts: 22 Member
Hi there, I am age 37 and am getting married in just over 12 months and am currently around 50lbs over weight. I am therefore looking to shift the excess and look my best on my big day. Aiming to do this at a steady loss of 1-2lbs a week, through healthy eating and exercise....no faddy diets, no quick fixes this time!
Looking for people on a similar journey (with the weight loss not necessarily to the alter!) to help and encourage each other along the way....please add me xx

Replies

• earthakin66
    earthakin66 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I didn't bother to try to lose weight before my wedding and I look back on that and wonder why. You've got a year and you are on your way. Good for you! I'm here for you.
  • lucky078
    lucky078 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you, appreciate the support :smiley:
  • Quaditz
    Quaditz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stick to 1600 kcal per day, enter the kcal precisely in this app and NEVER go over it. If you do training, add the burned calories here to rise your limit, but always just eat until your 1600 kcal limit + training is reached!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Quaditz wrote: »
    Stick to 1600 kcal per day, enter the kcal precisely in this app and NEVER go over it. If you do training, add the burned calories here to rise your limit, but always just eat until your 1600 kcal limit + training is reached!

How can you possibly say that when you know nothing about the OP??
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Yours sounds like a sensible goal. I sincerely hope you are successful.

I don't mean to be a downer here but please remember a few things about wedding dress shopping. Many dresses have to be ordered 12 - 9 months in advance. Bridal sizing runs small. At the time I was a size 6 in real life but a 10-12 in bridal. It's also easier to take in a dress then to let one out. Buy the size dress you are now, or maybe 1 size smaller just in case. As depressing as that sounds, it will be still be much better then scrambling at the last minute if your expensive dream dress doesn't fit. Your FI loves you for you; focus on that.

Enjoy the process & best wishes on everything
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Quaditz wrote: »

This makes no sense @Quaditz . You know nothing about OP. If I ate 1600, my deficit would be 200. If OP can have a 750-500 cal deficit since she has 50lbs to lose.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome!

Plug your height and weight in, decide your rate of loss (there are 2 schools of thought, either start strong and back off if you need to, or start out easy and up it if you can) and eat whatever you want under your calorie goal.

While many people get very excited to be able to eat Oreos, you may want to be careful to a) get enough protein and do strength training to maintain as much lean muscle as possible and b) eat as much nutrient rich food as possible, since the goal is to look good on your wedding day, that means healthy.

Good luck and enjoy this year, it's a very exciting time!
  • Adelynee
    Adelynee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hya! Exactly same position as you...but in 6 months! !!♡☆♡ trying not to focus on date or pounds to loose and just loose! Happy to be part of your journey. Have no idea how to add you as a friend on this but hope you do! Xx
  • HKAH2810
    HKAH2810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heeeyy, many congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding. I have a bunch of weight to shift after the death of a 3yo last year.

Went from 67kg to 84kg in that time so want to get back to down 67 then some more because I've always been a few kg over weight for my 155cm/5ft1 height.

By lb that's 148 to 184! So I'm wanting to lose about 50lb too.