**Ladies**

Options

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Usually 2-3 lbs is a given for me, though I've gone as high as 5 before. I have a friend who sees a 10 lb jump during hers! I couldn't imagine how frustrating that would be, even knowing it's only TOM weight!
    Are you also taking measurements? Do you have fitness goals for yourself? I find that having more than one goal helps to keep the focus from entirely being the scale number, especially during ToM week.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I go up between 3-4 lbs when i ovulate and between 4-7 when i get my period. It goes away quickly.
  • christsamazon
    christsamazon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think it happens with most ladies when they are about seeing their period...but don't let it get to you...the pounds go off once "she" is done...just continue with your routine...for me, my emotions are all over the place when "she " comes and I don't even fill like moving about cos I get cramps as well but, I've told myself, this time, NO MORE EXCUSES....
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't gain too much, around 1 pound but my weight doesn't budge for the week and sometimes even the week before which sucks just as much. :( I heard of some people gaining up to 10 pounds!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I've gained as much as 10 pounds and would be down to normal by the time it's over. Generally I just stall for a bit then down it goes. This time I actually lost weight, tiny bit, but still going down.
  • lovebirb
    lovebirb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i gain about 5 lbs, even on a slight deficit, weight training 3x a week and daily cardio. its pretty depressing to have your body become a water bed for what feels like forever! but try drinking plenty of water and dandelion tea, it helps curb this a bit

best wishes
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I usually only gain 1-2 lbs as long as I keep my sodium in check and drink lots of water. In the past if I ate a lot of sodium I easily would gain 5-6 lbs of water weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There is a really great thread on this that people might find interesting here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10359984/women-menstrual-cycle-weight-and-fitness-matters/p1
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I stay fairly steady, then gain a couple of pounds if I ovulate.
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I gain a bit of weight right before my period. It's annoying.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Mine have been a bit all over the place for the last few years so it makes it difficult for me to know when mines on its way. With my last one I gained 4lbs and then held onto it for 3 days after everything had finished and then steadily lost that gain over 5 days.

Just going to add here I weigh everyday because I want to know how my body reacts through it cycles, I like understanding the gains that happen and I don't get annoyed at gains if I know that everything else has been spot on I know it will go again.

Now I've come on again 11 days early (the joys of a certain age, I'm sure of it), totally out of the blue, until I looked at the signs, my weight has been holding at the same weight for 3 days and I lost my appetite (a symptom for me) which I had put down to the heat, I'm not sure if there will be a gain though this month as where it's been hot here I've been drinking a lot of water, I'm interested if this effects bloating.

• B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I crave more food the week before my period & even if I stay within my calorie budget the scale is just RUDE (up by 2 to 5 lbs) when I am on my period > so during that time I just eat right and stay away from the scale. When its over I am usually at the weight I was or lower than when I started.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have never been more PO'd than these days! Perimenopause is rearing its ugly head at 44 and what I really love *insert sarcasm here* is my body getting ready for a period and then not getting it! AND that period weight gain stays ... the last time it happened, it took over a month to get rid of the water weight and by the time I did, I got my period AND the water weight again. Hot flashes, night sweats too ... there is starting to be no rhyme or reason. Unfortunately, I cannot take any BC because it will make my ulcerative colitis flare so ... it is a grin and bear it kind of thing. I had been maintaining at 116-119 lbs for over a year and then I started recomp. Now, it is more like fluctuation between120-125 pounds. I refuse to buy the next size up so I am fighting it with everything I got.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    jodieelol wrote: »
    The past few days my weight wasn't going in the direction it should.
    I knew this was mathematically impossible because not only have I been eating at a calorie deficit but I have also been working out pretty hard. This morning I got my period (which shows up when it feels like it) every time I get it I put on about 4 pounds and then it goes away. I understand this happens to most women during their periods (my PT has explained all)
    I was wondering how much (if any) weight any other women on here put on during that horrible time of the month??
    Mostly to make myself feel better lol

8-10lbs.
    I wish I was kidding! Lol
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Mine has always been inconsistent, anywhere from 2-10lb.
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I usually only gain 1-2 lbs as long as I keep my sodium in check and drink lots of water. In the past if I ate a lot of sodium I easily would gain 5-6 lbs of water weight.
    Same for me. Not as much gain as others, only 1-3lbs...but yeah, any extra sodium and I'm likely to gain 5-7lbs. Also slight gai, like a pound or two at ovulation
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    tmarple93 wrote: »
    I gain between 3 to 6 pounds the week before mine and get seriously bloated and feel terrible and my appetite increases so much that I'm literelly just constantly hungry until my period is over lol. Then the week of my period, my hunger is significantly less and my weight goes back down by the end of the week. This is usually when I see a drop in weight. Like if I started my period at 136 I'll get up to 140 them when it's over my weight drops to 134. It's so weird. Lol.

This is me exactly. I was thrilled to find myself two pounds less by the time my cycle was done. But the pre-bloat is awful.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I can vary anywhere from .5 to almost 5 lbs.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only woman here that doesn't experience any of this...I don't even get cramps. In case anybody asks, yes I'm an adult. I'm 26 lol.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I gain weight around that time. I know that while I was losing, I would stay the same when I "should" have been losing a fair amount (I had to go at the deficit pretty hardcore in order to lose a substantial amount of weight in a short period of time). Now that I'm just maintaining and I don't check on a daily or even weekly basis, I just avoid weighing around that time anyway since based on others' experiences I can assume it wouldn't be an entirely accurate reflection of my weight anyway. Maybe just skip it until you're done.