binged 4000 calories:-(

Options
Ok so ive been eating good all week mostly at maintenance and arnd two days at a slight deficit. But today I ate 4000 calories im so afraid of gaining weight :s will it be just food and water weight tmr or also fats OMG im so scared

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    What triggered the binge? *hugs* I feel your pain. I still binge like that too. I usually find that I gain a half pound or pound of fat or so after one of those, but it comes back off after careful eating for a few weeks. You can see what I mean on my weight trend graph in my post here.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    One bad day is not the end of the world. Depending on what time it is where you are, can you at least go for a walk or do some exercises in your home? Eat the right number of calories tomorrow and take it from there. One day at a time.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Just jump back on the wagon, continue using MFP and exercising, and you will get back on track. Losing weight is a lot of ups and downs, but as long as you are consistent on getting back on track and eating healthy and with a deficit, you will lose weight. I actually overeat/drink by thousands of calories at least one night of the week, and I've managed to continue losing. Try to stop worrying about it, as you don't need the added stress. Good luck!
    5229779.png
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The overeating is one thing, but the thoughts and fear is going to tear you to pieces. Please seek professional help. Now.

Hugs.
  • Briannatagle
    Briannatagle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling, I have done it many times before but I learned from it. But if you really feel bad about it, exercise most of it off if you can, and then eat healthy tommorow.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    OP you state in the thread copied below that you are 5ft1 and 100lb. Spend your mental energy on why you binged and what you are going to do to avoid it occurring it again rather than weight gain.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10431655/calories-burned-standing
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    It sucks and it happens, but compare it to your maintenance calories. If your maintenance calories are 2000 and you ate 4000, then in reality you only overate enough to gain a bit over half a pound. That's it. Since you had a slight deficit twice this week, it's going to be even less. Just one hiccup on your journey is all.