Weight gain support system

Gaining to fill out. Tracking my weight in order to gain at least 10 pounds. I am currently 117 and would not mind going up to 130. I am not trying to work out very much and don't mind gaining fat on my body since it can do nothing but enhance my shape in the right places lol

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    so you want to gain 13 pounds of fat?
  • msrubiblaze
    msrubiblaze Posts: 16 Member
    I did not sat that. It's not as if I'm gonna develope a gut or muffin top. I did not want to go into my genetics or personal history. But I do have a naturally toned and fit body. I live in the city so i walk just about everywhere. I used to be 122 slim now I consider myself skinny. I know what works for my body type. My goal is more than reasonable.
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Keep pushing girl... I'm in the weight gaining journey too.
  • msrubiblaze
    Thanks. Eat some ice cream today lol
  • stowns30
    Thanks. Eat some ice cream today lol

Will do!! Lol

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Just know that, without strength training, most of that weight gain will be fat...
  • msrubiblaze
    That is okay. It's only 10lbs....5 more than what I'm used to. I know my body type and shape.
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Don't sweat it when people say that it will be just fat. There is a point where being too skinny can do just as much damage to your internal organs as being too heavy. I am sure that you can reach your goal! Keep at it and good luck! :)
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Also on a weight gain journey! Good luck!
  • msrubiblaze
    B4Rachael wrote: »
    Don't sweat it when people say that it will be just fat. There is a point where being too skinny can do just as much damage to your internal organs as being too heavy. I am sure that you can reach your goal! Keep at it and good luck! :)

Thanks so much for that. Not everyone is built the same... some of us can use the extra weight lol
  • msrubiblaze

Thanks. How has your progress been so far? Ant tips?
  • stowns30
    B4Rachael wrote: »

Thanks so much for that. Not everyone is built the same... some of us can use the extra weight lol

So true...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Gaining to fill out. Tracking my weight in order to gain at least 10 pounds. I am currently 117 and would not mind going up to 130. I am not trying to work out very much and don't mind gaining fat on my body since it can do nothing but enhance my shape in the right places lol

Good luck

I'm interested though, what happens if the fat goes on the wrong places? Where do you specifically want the fat to go? What if it all accumulates in one place, say your belly or your chin, is that OK too?
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    How tall are you?
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member

Thanks. How has your progress been so far? Ant tips?

Im doing pretty good so far. I started my journey in March and my starting weight was 114 pounds. As of today im at 132. With the help of Apetamin and Ensure plus shakes. My goal weight is 140. It takes time but you will get there!
  • msrubiblaze
    How tall are you?

I am 5'4
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    I'm on a gain journey, too. I have troubles with keeping up w my "friends" on gains because unless you're under calories you can't view logs and some weighing days the weight doesn't seem right for the work.

I'm on a healthy gain of 10lbs (almost there before I maintain and tone) and can't steal my friends' great meal from their diary unless they're losing weight (low cal meals just don't work for me).
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    avadahm wrote: »
    I'm on a gain journey, too. I have troubles with keeping up w my "friends" on gains because unless you're under calories you can't view logs and some weighing days the weight doesn't seem right for the work.

I'm on a healthy gain of 10lbs (almost there before I maintain and tone) and can't steal my friends' great meal from their diary unless they're losing weight (low cal meals just don't work for me).

Why can't you see their diaries unless they're losing weight? Maybe some of your friends have their diaries set to private? Just saying that you should be able to see everyone's log as long as they have it set to be viewed.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You can see anyone's diary as long as it is public, whether they are gaining, maintaining, losing, over or under their calorie goal. If you can't view it, just ask them to unlock their diary. You could also friend request others on weight gain journeys who have open diaries. An easy way to add quick calories is to use full fat versions of any dairy, drink caloric beverages, eat nuts seeds and their butters. Just get the most calorie dense version of the food you want to eat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    avadahm wrote: »

If anyone needs ideas they can look at my diary. I love cooking and i cut weight at 2500 calories which will more than likely be good enough for most women.