Can't connect to my Fitbit!

Options
lorimc1971
lorimc1971 Posts: 11 Member
I have contacted Fitbit twice got no where said I need to contact mfp, o get no response. This is really frustrating that I can't connect mfp with my fit bit. I have revoke access but it still won't work. Suggestions?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's a known issue right now.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1824975-known-issues-integration-partners

If you've tried disconnect/reconnect and it still isn't working, I think the only thing we can do now is wait.

I've had my Fitbit linked to MyFitnessPal for the past 3 years and I'm being hit with this bug right now. This is what's happening for me:gmaa1wha2k40.jpg

Top left: No fitbit adjustment
    Top right: No steps on homepage of app
    Bottom left: Fitbit is selected in step settings
    Bottom Middle: Steps from Fitbit are showing under " Progress" in app and under "check in" on website...so fitbit is sending the information over
    Bottom right: Shows my current Fitbit steps

I'm currently have an 8 day streak of this. It was working for a few days and then doing this for a few days earlier this month, but it was like 3-4 days working and only 2 not.
  • dreadliftss
    dreadliftss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's a known issue right now.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1824975-known-issues-integration-partners

If you've tried disconnect/reconnect and it still isn't working, I think the only thing we can do now is wait.

I've had my Fitbit linked to MyFitnessPal for the past 3 years and I'm being hit with this bug right now. This is what's happening for me:gmaa1wha2k40.jpg

Top left: No fitbit adjustment
    Top right: No steps on homepage of app
    Bottom left: Fitbit is selected in step settings
    Bottom Middle: Steps from Fitbit are showing under " Progress" in app and under "check in" on website...so fitbit is sending the information over
    Bottom right: Shows my current Fitbit steps

I'm currently have an 8 day streak of this. It was working for a few days and then doing this for a few days earlier this month, but it was like 3-4 days working and only 2 not.

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND IT'S INFURIATING!!!
  • cwgrant67
    cwgrant67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same, I finally got it working and it quit syncing steps after this morning. My calories are syncing from MFP to Fitbit though,
  • cgpreziosi
    cgpreziosi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue today. It's the first time this has happened to me but it's rather frustrating.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened to me in ages, and when it has it's only been down for a few hours. I'm having the problem today though, it's 10am and it won't sync for me. Hopefully it will follow past patterns and be back on by this afternoon.. Fingers and toes crossed.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've had numerous intermittent sync problems and it's always on MFP side. Fitbit is syncing but either the data transfer is slow or stops completely for hours and sometimes days. It's been happening off and on for several months.
  • Shadyhuero805
    Shadyhuero805 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    At least im not alone
  • cul8rv8
    cul8rv8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought it was me, I've been going crazy. Disconnect, reconnect, it syncs to now, but that's the only way to sync. Relying on the numbers today, it's been frustrating. Glad I was able to find this thread to learn it's not just me, too.
  • Shadyhuero805
    Options
    So still not working for me..any luck with anyone else
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not working for me either.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    So still not working for me..any luck with anyone else

Nah nothing for me yet. I'll post on here if/when it starts working again.

• Shadyhuero805
    Options
    Have you noticed fitbit gices you a lot of active minutes..cant be right
  • Christine_72
    Options

My active minutes are the same as usual. Or do you mean in general? The answer to that is no, not for me.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Oh, and i just checked, mine is syncing again.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

"You earn active minutes for activities at or above about 3 METs. To stay in line with the Center for Disease Control's (CDC’s) “10 minutes at a time is fine” concept, minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity. You can view the CDC’s recommendations on the CDC website. "
    https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1379
  • Shadyhuero805
    Options
    Thanks ladies
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Mine's not synced for quite some time. Gave up un/re-connecting and use my phone for logging steps into mfp now. Not happy.
  • Shadyhuero805
    Options
    Worked now
  • trina1049
    Options
    MFP not syncing with Fitbit again today. No data transfer at all though Fitbit is working correctly.
  • trina1049
    Options
    Just heard back from MFP: non-sync is due to heavy traffic. They said it's important NOT to disconnect to try to re-sync as this may delay the data transfer even further. See the help desk at

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2512971-fitbit-sync-issues-7-25-16