I'm ALMOST there! Accomplished fitness goal & climbed my first 14er in Colorado. Lots of pics!!!

Options
Skillet007
Skillet007 Posts: 55 Member
Alright! I have been losing weight since October. I was 300+ lbs. I got a huge slap in the face when I got this picture back from a trip to Hawaii:

t9u5drpbuyzz.jpg

Here's a few more that got me thinking:

qhbw5jey6fzd.jpg

w2ez6h5gm0m6.jpg

Since then I have lost a little over 80 lbs and have about 40ish more to go. I have COMPLETELY turned my life around. I always enjoyed physical activity but I had terrible eating habits. I literally ate so much and gained so much weight that I couldn't do the things I liked to do anymore. In December I made some other life choices. I decided to move to a new location, return to college to finish my degree, picked up a minor in music, and started on my own fitness journey. I didn't want to just lose weight, I wanted to be able to DO stuff again.

So in the early spring I decided to make some goals. One of my biggest goals was a fitness goal. Since I live in Colorado, I thought a great goal would be to summit my very first 14,000 foot mountain. Even when I made the goal I didn't really think it was possible, but I figured I would try by the end of the summer. Well, last weekend I not only summited my first 14k, but I also went with a few musician friends of mine. They wanted to do a jam session at the top but unfortunately, I'm an upright bass player. Well, I decided I'd just have to bring my bass! I did it!

Here are some photos from my FIRST SUMMIT!

e3yc9479dtvw.jpg

ush3clvrupy2.jpg

2w82obp20zzh.jpg

n3uwrsuc42rd.jpg

sdo9quylyjld.jpg

javdwg47ubj2.jpg

ezt1atslxxho.jpg

na4tavl6snnp.jpg

onhphgo187pk.jpg

gmgl4leahjns.jpg

ya50l79s9zbu.jpg

muwpufnd296u.jpg

06lef9v2ah7d.jpg

j76lbbh0xxtw.jpg

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I have shared my story with friends and family, but honestly, it's this community that has helped me make it as far as I have. This community has brought me into touch with several people just like me and I feel like if I had tried to make these changes without MFP, I may not have been successful. We know what it's like to lose weight, to make these changes, and unfortunately, many people in our regular lives don't get it. Thank you for all being here and doing what you do! Keep up the good work! Add me as a friend if you want!!!

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I have no idea why I've been so hesitant to visit Colorado-it looks gorgeous!
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I love how happy you look in your photos! That scene is beautiful. Makes me want to move there.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-you have done an outstanding job!! Congratulations!! :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Haha...that's absolutely awesome! Very well done :)
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's one awesome goal and success story! You look amazing :)
  • livymom09
    livymom09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I'm from Colorado as well and I would love to climb Pikes Peak!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Wow you are amazing!!!!
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great and what achievements with the weight loss and the 14er. You make me miss Colorado. I moved from Denver to Phoenix in January, and though I have a view of the Estrellas here, it is no Front Range. Plus, it is too hot to hike here now. I still can't believe you did it with that base on your back. Which 14er is it? Congratulations!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and younger! Thanks for sharing.. what an inspiring journey.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Utterly amazing! Crazy good stuff. Thanks for sharing!
  • lizziliz1985
    lizziliz1985 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow
    . Very good congratulations you look great.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Congrats you did it unbelievable job wow is all I can say
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story-just fantastic! A reminder that we can all get there in the end.
  • Skillet007
    Options
    livymom09 wrote: »
    Wonderful! I'm from Colorado as well and I would love to climb Pikes Peak!

I haven't done Pikes Peak, but I bet it would be a blast. Only 51 left to go, ha ha ha! Lets get a group of MFP Coloradans and summit it!
    mhessacp wrote: »
    Wow, you look great and what achievements with the weight loss and the 14er. You make me miss Colorado. I moved from Denver to Phoenix in January, and though I have a view of the Estrellas here, it is no Front Range. Plus, it is too hot to hike here now. I still can't believe you did it with that base on your back. Which 14er is it? Congratulations!

Thank you SO much! I love Colorado but I have lived in Arizona and New Mexico as well. They have their own form of beauty and lack the tourism of Colorado. However, it DOES get hot there! The mountain I climbed was Uncompaghre Peak!

forruths wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your story-just fantastic! A reminder that we can all get there in the end.

You're very welcome. We can all get there. It just takes motivation, dedication, and a willingness to get there!

Thanks for all of the awesome responses, guys. I appreciate everyone of you!

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Super fun story and great pics! You look fantastic. And happy.
  • eknapik23
    eknapik23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I totally lost it at the picture of you with your bass on your back. I can't stop chuckling. That's awesome. :smiley:
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Those pictures are stunning, and you have done awesome! There's not much hiking where I live but that makes me want to travel to somewhere that I can see views like that!
  • Skillet007
    Options
    MeganMcK11 wrote: »
    Those pictures are stunning, and you have done awesome! There's not much hiking where I live but that makes me want to travel to somewhere that I can see views like that!

I'm from Alabama, so I feel you there, except that a month ago I traveled home for the first time in a few years... and I have to say, I think you can find beauty just about anywhere. I was swamped with the South's own form of nature and beauty, which is a shame, since I had apparently missed it the whole time I lived there.
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I live in Colorado Springs so Pikes Peak is in my backyard; in fact I did the incline this past week! :)
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So funny and awesome :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!