So who has tips for a nice booty?

Options
st476
st476 Posts: 357 Member
I don't have access to a gym or weights right now, but I will in a month. I've done squats but never stuck with them long enough to see a difference. Do they even work if you're not using weights? Any other exercises? :)

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    keep doing your squats!!
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Squats & Lunges should be your bestest friends.

Check out http://www.startbodyweight.com/ for ways that you can make squats more challenging without using additional weight
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    All of the squats.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can work on your booty using body weight. Weights are very effective. Body weight can be too, but you really need to make sure you're getting a progressive overload (exercises continue to add weight, or in this case-get harder).

So, Bret Contreras is literally the Glute Guy. He wrote a program for women who want to work on their behinds, and he does have a bodyweight only program. It's called Strong Curves. Do it.

It's about more than squats. You gotta get your pullthroughs, split squats, deadlifts, kickbacks, abduction and adduction work, hip thrusts, glute bridges. I squat 3x per week and I don't expect much booty change from it...hip thrusts on the other hand, for sure.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Keep up the BW squats for now. Add lunges, bridges and hip thrusts. I second getting Strong Curves as well. There's a body weight only workout, plus equipment workouts for when you have gym/equipment access.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Second Bret Contreras Strong Curves

Here's a list of glute exercises I do at home

Slide reverse lunge
    Fire hydrant with leg extension
    Standing leg lifts
    Stability ball hamstring roll
    Frog pumps
    Single leg glute bridge
    Bird dogs
    Resistance band donkey kicks
    Resistance band clams
    Resistance band monster walk
    Glute march
    Step ups
    Side plank forward kicks
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    strong curves is good, also you have to eat while you are trying to build booty muscle. And also genetics are important in this area. Sometimes you gotta just eat healthy and exercise and love the body you have.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You can work on your booty using body weight. Weights are very effective. Body weight can be too, but you really need to make sure you're getting a progressive overload (exercises continue to add weight, or in this case-get harder).

So, Bret Contreras is literally the Glute Guy. He wrote a program for women who want to work on their behinds, and he does have a bodyweight only program. It's called Strong Curves. Do it.

It's about more than squats. You gotta get your pullthroughs, split squats, deadlifts, kickbacks, abduction and adduction work, hip thrusts, glute bridges. I squat 3x per week and I don't expect much booty change from it...hip thrusts on the other hand, for sure.

This. So much this.
  • jpohara545
    jpohara545 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stairs! Running or walking. Very accessable :D
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yoga!!! Take some classes to make sure you are doing poses correctly. Then - continue at home. Works wonders for butts :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Running or walking stairs will not do much for your butt. Neither will yoga.
  • neithomp
    neithomp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love doing the Bulgarian Split Squat!! No matter how often I do it, it still burns! And if you have dumbbells or any weights at home you can add those eventually for an even bigger burn...fast forward to about a minute because the guy talks for that first bit....https://youtube.com/watch?v=2C-uNgKwPLE[/url]
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Running or walking stairs will not do much for your butt. Neither will yoga.

So this. listen to this post from ardita -

• arditarose
    Options
    neithomp wrote: »
    I love doing the Bulgarian Split Squat!! No matter how often I do it, it still burns! And if you have dumbbells or any weights at home you can add those eventually for an even bigger burn...fast forward to about a minute because the guy talks for that first bit....https://youtube.com/watch?v=2C-uNgKwPLE[/url]

Oh my god. I hate them so much. But yeah, the bulgarian split squat is a good one.