• bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    All bran buds with yogurt and berries.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    ku1014 wrote: »
    Yeah you're right! I never know what to go by I try to watch calories but I also know to watch sodium, sugars and other things so I wanted to know more of what to go for to not pick a totally non healthy cereal

I also watch sodium and I found Cheerios to be the best bang for your buck with sodium, serving size and calories and that tastes good. I've bought so many different cereals and none taste as good. I also like the Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,751 Member
    Options
    I enjoy all bran buds especially in yogurt or sugar free pudding. Or yogurt and sugar free pudding and fruit. All mixed up. I am weird. What can I say.
  • JourneytoSizeHealthy
    JourneytoSizeHealthy Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean - Honey Almond..Omg, it's so delicious!!!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Any cereal is technically healthy as long as you keep an eye on the macros in that cereal and alter your breakfast accordingly. Personally I like wheat cereals with fruit in it [like Just Right].
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't like too much cereal in the morning because it really does nothing for me and doesn't fill me up. Occasionally I will eat some to fill in a snack though and I prefer Special K red berries.

I also like steel cut oats with a little brown sugar or cinnamon with some bananas.
  • luciachristenson
    luciachristenson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Plain Cheerios with almond milk and banana slices are great!
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My grandson and I are just coo-coo for Golden Grahams
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yeah you're right! I never know what to go by I try to watch calories but I also know to watch sodium, sugars and other things so I wanted to know more of what to go for to not pick a totally non healthy cereal

If that's what you're looking at, I wish you luck. They should just rename breakfast cereals to "dessert in the morning". Almost all of them are sugar loaded to hell amd back, even the "healthy" ones.

Lol the only time i have cereal, including oats, is after dinner for dessert.

• GitRDone57
    GitRDone57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone ! I was just wondering if anyone had healthy cereal suggestions I usually eat smart start but would like to try other healthy cereals !

Special K with Red Berries, Cheerios (any kind) are the best..
  • GitRDone57
    GitRDone57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I enjoy all bran buds especially in yogurt or sugar free pudding. Or yogurt and sugar free pudding and fruit. All mixed up. I am weird. What can I say.

Greek Vanilla yogurt and Allbran Buds PLUS chopped strawberries or blueberries are awesome
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I use minute oats or steel cut oats, prepared the night before. I add yogurt, raisins, sunflower seeds and whey powder.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I love the Kashi wheat cereals with Berry Fruitful and Cinnamon Harvest, similar to Frosted mini wheats, or some of the Go Lean cereals for the protein. Other times it's Cheerios Ancient Grains. Most of the time, though, my standard breakfast is steel cut oats and fruit, sometimes mixed with Greek yogurt. That seems to last the longest for me.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I eat a homemade cereal that consists of pork rinds, cinnamon, walnuts, pecans, and heavy cream. vOv

That's not really a cereal, though, is it? Surely cereals by definition should contain grains.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    I eat a homemade cereal that consists of pork rinds, cinnamon, walnuts, pecans, and heavy cream. vOv

That's not really a cereal, though, is it? Surely cereals by definition should contain grains.

Not necessarily. There are several cereals out there that use alternatives to grains. I've even seen a few that use almond and coconut flour. Look up paleo cereal to see what I mean.
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cereal is basically my kryptonite. LOL! If I'm having cereal, I don't want some lame, plain, boring flakes. :D I want Fruity Pebbles, Lucky Charms, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch... And I don't want 1 cup of it, I want a giant bowl with like half a box of cereal in it. Anyway, I VERY RARELY buy cereal because of all those delicious details I mentioned...and like another comment pointed out above, it isn't very filling. I would definitely experiment with other options. I have eggs almost every day. There are also some awesome recipes for protein pancakes and waffles, which are tasty and filling. Good luck! :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Plain Cheerios with almond milk and banana slices are great!
    Ok thank you now I know to change to something else

You don't have to. Have some cereal you like, note how you feel about halfway before lunch, and later, check your nutrition tab and see how your cereal fit into the big picture.

I like quaker oatmeal squares. Loaded with iron, which I need.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Pshah. Grains are for plebians...though yeah, I probably should have put cereal in quotation marks.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »

Not necessarily. There are several cereals out there that use alternatives to grains. I've even seen a few that use almond and coconut flour. Look up paleo cereal to see what I mean.
    Well that is an oxymoron if ever there was one!
    A cereal is any grass cultivated for the edible components of its grain (botanically, a type of fruit called a caryopsis), composed of the endosperm, germ, and bran.
    (Wikipedia)
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I eat cereal in the evening, usually all bran with a small banana and semi skimmed milk. I've not been tempted to something else for about a year so I guess I really like it ^^