Does counting CALORIES!! Really help with weight loss.

Options
Anyone have any fab successful stories. Motivation needed xxxx

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

• RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    For me it's the only way. You can be flexible, you'll learn a lot about nutrition. Lost 8Kg a few years ago and doing the same over again :)
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    19lbs down from combo of CICO and running. Good luck. why the lack of motivation?
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lb in the last year. So yeah, definitely works. ;)
  • 157isgoal
    157isgoal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    down 188# in 20 months from calorie counting
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Of course it helps. If you know what you are taking in you know what you have to expend. Think of it like a budget.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    well, i lost 80 pounds counting calories, so ......
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Just look at the Success Stories section of the boards. Most, if not all, have lost weight by counting calories.

I have lost 80 lbs with calorie counting using MFP's food diary, a food scale to be accurate about portions, and a fitbit to help estimate my calories out. Just over 10 lbs lost with just calorie counting using MFP's food diary and about 40 lbs with a very restrictive eating pattern (that I stopped when I started calorie counting and life became easier). All together that makes just over 130 lbs lost. :wink:
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Its the only thing that matters for weight loss but if you want to do it and look good educate yourself on Macro's and get a weight lifting routine started. My 2 cents

Down over 100lbs and ripped!!
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    12 pounds in ~two months from counting calories. I eat fruit, burgers, potatoes, fish, veggies, beer
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lost 24 pounds so far and still losing! No fad diet needed.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Lost 100 lbs counting calories and not much exercise. Gained it back when I stopped paying attention to what I ate. Lost another 35 lbs counting calories.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Outside of maybe amputation, eating at a caloric deficit (eg counting calories) is the ONLY way to lose weight.

Having a baby
    Liposuction
    Tapeworm

Though I suppose having a tapeworm could be the equivalent of eating at a calorie deficit. :lol:
  • jazzlyn95
    jazzlyn95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I stay within my calorie range can I eat whatever I want.. Burgers, fries, chips, ice cream etc.. Or do you have to healthy? It's so hard for me to die because I love carbs!!