Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    2-4lbs. Plus the weight of the extra food I usually eat :D
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only woman here that doesn't experience any of this...I don't even get cramps. In case anybody asks, yes I'm an adult. I'm 26 lol.

I actually don't get cramps either; not even mood changes. Maybe slight back pain on day 1 or 2 at times. The only reasons I even noticed I gain during ovulation were due to my daily weigh ins and my abs are slightly less visible at that time. I can't actually feel that bloat and my clothes fit just the same. It's just annoying that it happens because of my fitness goals.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The more I weight lift, the better my musculature, the easier my period symptoms have become

Progressive resistance does seem to help in balancing hormonal fluctuations and extremes
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    this is such an interesting post - i gained 8lbs last week - cried every day... then i thought hold on a minute, yep its ovulation week. im hoping i lose some of it this week. it was a tough cookie to get my head around, especially when that 8lbs eradicated all my hard work for 4 weeks, i swear im still traumatized now
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A few pounds, maybe up to 5. I'm not sure cos I don't weigh myself during my period, I don't see the point. If it really bothers you then hold off until it's finished.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I gain about 3-5 lbs, and I also tend to eat more during TOM.
  • rachel29hart
    rachel29hart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't even look at the scale around that time, just because I know it's lying to me!