Kitchen neccessities your top 2

Options
13»

Replies

• ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A variety of good sharp knives and a good skillet. I have a new favorite skillet which is great for a single person. A ceramic 8 in by Silver Stone. Got it on Amazon. Really no stick. I use no Pam and just brush it lightly with oil before I use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8PQ9SE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • cindylynnb2016
    cindylynnb2016 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Toaster oven and steamer
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    crock pot and serving spoons that are also measuring spoons (a half cup and a one cup from WW, a great item!)
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    One other thing - a container that keeps romaine fresh until I use it up. Best I've found is by Progressive. (Prepworks by Progressive Lettuce Keeper - 4.7 Quart) - I've had fresh romaine in it and then left for ten days and when I came back the romaine was just as fresh as when I left. Just don't put it in the dishwasher - makes the lid shrink.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Digital scale (grams!) and Wusthof knife set (large and medium chef knives and paring knife).
    Runner-up: Cuisinart non-stick saute pan.
    Honorable mention to Staub grill pan, Le Creuset Dutch oven, and BlendTec blender.
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Scale and food processor
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm not including a scale because that has always been a kitchen essential for me. My recipe books all have grams or ounces for ingredients rather than cups.

So that leave my steamer and my crockpot as the two most used pieces of equipment in my kitchen.