Zucchini Tots - SO good

Options
Cellgirl99
Cellgirl99 Posts: 27 Member
This recipe came across my FB page so it seemed easy enough. I made it this week and MAN it was good. I dipped in ketchup and it really tasted like a tater tot, no joke. I'm making again this weekend.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-tots/

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Hmm, those DO look good! I'll have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing!
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    They look tasty, thanks for sharing! I will try them.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Printing this out as I type this. YUM! We eat zucchini all the time. I may have to make this tonight! Thank you for sharing! :smile:

ETA: When I have made similar recipes, I have sprinkled some salt on the zucchini to help draw out more moisture. Let it sit for a bit and then you can wring it out in a dish towel.
  • Cellgirl99
    Options
    I placed the shredded zucchini in a double layer of paper towel and squeezed all the water out. Very important to do that. But you all will love this recipe.
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    We made these last night and they were SO good! Next time I will have to double the recipe. Our family of 4 ate them up quick. I made some Sriracha Horseradish Ketchup to dip them in. Yum! Can't wait to make them again! Thanks again for sharing the recipe!
  • Cellgirl99
    Options
    I doubled our first batch as well. I think I may make these tonight. Your dipping sauce sounds amazing. I'm going to try that as I know my husband will love it. Glad you guys liked them :)
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    We made these last night and they were SO good! Next time I will have to double the recipe. Our family of 4 ate them up quick. I made some Sriracha Horseradish Ketchup to dip them in. Yum! Can't wait to make them again! Thanks again for sharing the recipe!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    This is great. I'm getting lots of zucchini out of the garden and looking for different ways to use it. I will definitely give these a try.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I did this with cauliflower awhile back but I think I would like zucchini A LOT MORE. Excited to try this!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I love them!
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP!
  • summertime19
    Options
    Mmmm I just took a look at the recipie and they seem simple to make and look so yummy! I think I will be making those tonight!!!!
  • Cellgirl99
    Options
    I made these again tonight and they are just so good. Have a few left over for the morning.
    Mmmm I just took a look at the recipie and they seem simple to make and look so yummy! I think I will be making those tonight!!!!

• summertime19
    Options
    Cellgirl99 wrote: »
    I made these again tonight and they are just so good. Have a few left over for the morning.

Yummy... I mixed up a 3 x the batch ahead of time .. waiting to roll up and put in the oven. I made a few changes...I toasted bread slices and made my own bread crumbs and added minced garlic also. We usually make one potters .. for leftovers durning the week. I am sure we will like these and tweak to our taste/ seasoning. Its a great way to use up the loads of zucchini I have. Thanks for posting. :)
  • summertime19
    Options
    Here is my 1st try in making these tasty little jems. I think making them ahead of time made them more juicy and they didn't brown evenly. I will be making these again later in the week following the recipew3d7849skmwy.jpeg
    closer.
  • Cellgirl99
    Options
    They look really good. Better than what mine looked like. LOL. The only deviation I made to the recipe was added a little garlic powder. I always double the batch. I use 1 large zucchini and that gives me pretty near 2 cups shredded.
  • summertime19
    Options
    I can't wait.. think I will try again for dinner. I'm gonna buy some bread crumbs and bake them as soon as they are mixed. 3 x the batch went fast.. but made like 22 . Also I am using my food processor not more grating by hand that took some time .
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    My kids were begging me to make these again tonight! That is how much they loved them! :smile: I am going to make them as a side to go with meatloaf and potatoes.

My crisped up really well. I shaped them like a traditional tater-tot and browned them on all sides. I think tonight I will make them a little bit smaller since we are having them as a side dish, instead of an appetizer. I also sprinkled a bit of sea salt on the shredded zucchini and let it sit for about 30 minutes, then put them in a clean dish cloth and squeeze a ton of water out.

Looking forward to making them again tonight! :smile:
  • Cellgirl99
    Options
    I shaped mine like little footballs..... lol. I think this will be a weekly recipe for me. Haven't tried them as leftovers yet.
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    I just made these again tonight. This has become a staple in our house now. :smile:
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm this is going on the menu this week.