A runner, a cyclist, and a thumbs up...

Options
HeathermRVT
HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
Recently I was out for a run at my local park. I'm new to running. Doing the couch to 5k program. As I was jogging a guy on a bicycle passed me and as he went by he gave me a thumbs up. Is this a thing? Does it mean something? Because if so, I didn't get it!!

Replies

• bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Recently I was out for a run at my local park. I'm new to running. Doing the couch to 5k program. As I was jogging a guy on a bicycle passed me and as he went by he gave me a thumbs up. Is this a thing? Does it mean something? Because if so, I didn't get it!!

He absolutely was giving you a great job keep it up!!! Which i am also going to say way to go!
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Probably he just meant comolementing/ encouraging ya,!
  • TheHungryHorsie
    TheHungryHorsie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Always be positive
    Always smile and
    try to see the good in everything you come across
    And you'll be much happier!
    Stress less and laugh more <3
    Peace! B)
  • HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    lordbeef wrote: »
    i''m completely new here, but when i was in shape and working out i would give thumbs up to people who were working hard (even though i probably looked crazy). so my guess is he was trying to give you some encouragement!

He absolutely was giving you a great job keep it up!!! Which i am also going to say way to go!

That's what I figured but I wasn't sure. Well thanks random bicycle guy! And thank you bluecollarfrench. :)
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    A runner, a cyclist, and a thumbs up... I'm waiting for the punch line
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    A runner, a cyclist and a thumbs up..............do they walk into a bar?!!
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    A cyclist giving a thumbs up to a runner? See, there can be peace and harmony in a world of difference. No, seriously, just mutual respect for your health and fitness way of life. I'm sure, as I've gotten the same myself, it was meant to be encouragement.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My theory: The cyclist was on a good mood, as a result of being on a bike. So he saw another person exercising (and a form of cardio at that!), recognized a member of his tribe, and made a positive gesture. Being in a good mood makes people do all sorts of goofy things, like wave at other cyclists.

One day a couple weeks ago, I was riding along and this guy passed me going the other direction. He waved at me, I was in a good mood, I waved back. But then I noticed his bike, and realized it, and by extension he, was totally unworthy of being waved at. Does anybody know how to take those kudos back? (I'm joking.)