Macro friendly (cleaner) desserts

Options

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Mix in vanilla protein powder = amazing guilt free cheesecake!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    I love halo top ice cream and it has awesome macros. I stay far away from artic zero that stuff stinks. No flavor at all.

Totally agree about the Arctic Zero. I'd rather use more calories for something that tastes good.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Halo Top for sure. I also like the salted caramel Power Crunch bar; it kinda reminds me of those strawberry/vanilla/chocolate wafers from my childhood.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    @RebeccaNaegle glad that you understood what I was looking for lol I swear every time I post anything on here everyone has to pick apart what I am asking because I didn't say it correctly haha
    I am new to macros but I know I would have to find sweets that would fit my macros

I'm still confused. Are you looking for low calorie or low carb desserts?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @RebeccaNaegle glad that you understood what I was looking for lol I swear every time I post anything on here everyone has to pick apart what I am asking because I didn't say it correctly haha
    I am new to macros but I know I would have to find sweets that would fit my macros

It's hard for people to offer specific, relevant, helpful suggestions for you when the original post wasn't clear. "Clean" means something different to almost everyone and macros are very individualized. How are we supposed to offer suggestions that fit your macros when you didn't specify what your macro split is? Are you focusing on one particular macro that you are short of your goal on?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

That completely depends on the individual day. Nobody can predict if you'll need more fat, protein, or carbs.

If you need more carbs, but not fat or protein: fruit.
    If you need a good mix of carbs and fat: ice cream and/or cake.
    If you need protein: protein bar or shake.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Also, The irony of this is that the poster you are thanking offered the least "clean" suggestions of the entire thread, which is why it's not a very helpful term to begin with. I enjoy all the same suggestions that she made so I'm not criticizing them, but this is why it would be helpful if you shared your definition of clean. I can give dessert suggestions all day long but macro friendly and clean without knowing what you're looking for is a bit difficult.

At least this highlights how "clean" doesn't have a common definition. But Rebecca's definition clearly matches the OP's.
  • anaees
    anaees Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

this is such a great idea!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Guilt, is that the same as taste?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Also, The irony of this is that the poster you are thanking offered the least "clean" suggestions of the entire thread, which is why it's not a very helpful term to begin with. I enjoy all the same suggestions that she made so I'm not criticizing them, but this is why it would be helpful if you shared your definition of clean. I can give dessert suggestions all day long but macro friendly and clean without knowing what you're looking for is a bit difficult.

At least this highlights how "clean" doesn't have a common definition. But Rebecca's definition clearly matches the OP's.

And no others that I have ever seen.

Glad that the rest of our suggestions are chopped liver (which would fit my macros fine, but not a good dessert).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    anaees wrote: »
    cathipa wrote: »

this is such a great idea!

It sounds terrible to me, but I'm a hard core cottage cheese should be savory person. I do eat cottage cheese for dessert quite often, sometimes with some pickled spicy vegetables or pepperoncinis, because I love it so.

I fully admit that my own preferences probably sound terrible to someone else. ;-)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Exactly. I'm confused
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Instead of ice cream, I eat sorbet. It's got ~60kcal vs ~270kcal and way less fat than ice cream. Popcorn is practically free just watch your salt and don't add any butter--the stuff I like is 35kcal per cup.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options

I think she was wanting clean as far as good for the macros goes. I am guessing something easy on the macros and easy to make. She said clean"er" so I assume she is wanting dessert but something that is "friendlier" to her macro diet, which I took it as being lower in carb/fat etc. Cleaner as far as the caloric intake.
  • fattyclatter
    fattyclatter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine protein powder and cottage cheese tasting anything like cheesecake, unless you've totally forgotten what cheesecake tastes like.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    Options

I just took her request as an idea thread for calorie/macro friendly desserts. I am not a "clean" eater and do not claim to be. I don't think the body cares if your carbs come from a pop tart or a sweet potato. So eat what I want, in moderation. I definitely wasn't trying to say my ideas fit in the "clean" category.
  • fattyclatter
    fattyclatter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You could make your own frozen yogurt. I was looking it up on YouTube last night. It's pretty easy and you can tailor it to your preferences/requirements.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I think she was wanting clean as far as good for the macros goes. I am guessing something easy on the macros and easy to make. She said clean"er" so I assume she is wanting dessert but something that is "friendlier" to her macro diet, which I took it as being lower in carb/fat etc. Cleaner as far as the caloric intake.

Huh. I actually haven't heard "clean" in reference to macros or calories, but again, there are about as many definitions of that word as there are posters in this thread so far. I'm not a clean eater or an IIFYM person so I didn't have much to offer to begin with, but I love dessert so if OP gives more clarification on what she's looking for I am happy to contribute.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    Options

Huh. I actually haven't heard "clean" in reference to macros or calories, but again, there are about as many definitions of that word as there are posters in this thread so far. I'm not a clean eater or an IIFYM person so I didn't have much to offer to begin with, but I love dessert so if OP gives more clarification on what she's looking for I am happy to contribute.

I would definitely say I am more of a IIFYM dieter, but I just threw my ideas to her because I try to fit desserts in my macros all of the time. and most of the websites I mentioned are very healthy and on the cleaner side. Made fresh and shipped overnight or 2-3 day air, need refrigerated, and only last a week or so unless you are freezing them. No preservatives etc. Definitely "cleaner" than typical 700-800 calorie desserts... But clean eaters count macros too, so I am not sure why you haven't heard clean in reference to macros or calories before?