Coffee brewed with cinnamon

Options
MB_Positif
MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
I will admit, I am slowly starting to move away from stick sweet coffee drinks...I've really cut back the amount of flavored creamer that I have been putting in. However, we were out of town this weekend and the people we were staying with brew their coffee with cinnamon in it. The first cup I had was with a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of half & half. I thought it was delicious. I went for a second cup but didn't want to have too much sugar, so I opted to leave it out for the second cup. It was great without it. Not sweet, but not that bittery coffee taste either! I am trying it at home tomorrow morning! So excited about finding another way to reduce my sugar intake! :)

Replies

• mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    like a cinnamon stick or ground? and how much if ground? I wanna try!
  • marybsalmon
    marybsalmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I'll have to try that too!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy, gonna give this a try.

Thanks.

:smile:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My hubby likes to drink coffee, that has ground cinnamon in it..mix it with the grounds before it is brewed. He said that and a teaspoon of honey is good for you and also good for healthy prostate too. He drinks it this way everyday.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Cinammon also has a positive effect on your insulin sensitivity. :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i used to drink it this way in my 20s... thanks for reminding me about it!
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I always brew my coffee with cinimon in it...I have for years! Ilove it! Mmmmmmm!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I've been adding cinnamon to cut back on the honey I add. Love it. This is a really great idea!
  • stepha1013
    stepha1013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My husband does this as well. It is tasty and good to know there are all these added benefits.
    We also use sugar free coffee creamer and my husband uses Torani Sugar Free syrup. You can find it on amazon. It is really good for those looking to cut back on sugar.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    mexican coffee....mmmmmmm grew up on that!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do this often. I used to put cinnamon in my already brewed coffee, but then you just end up with clumps of wet cinnamon at the bottom. When it's brewed in it just gives it a nice taste.

to the person who asked how much: I dont know. I usually just shake a few shakes into the coffee grounds before brewing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I think I put too much in this morning...round two tomorrow. I used a teaspoon for about half a pot to share with my hubby. Maybe a 1/2 teaspoon?
  • rosahenriquez
    Options
    Try freshly ground nutmeg too, just a lil bit, it tastes delish!
  • CurvyGirl14
    CurvyGirl14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ooo yea I do that..I put in the filter then sprinkle a few drops of ground cinnamon then put my coffee on top so the cinnamon really soaks through.. its so yummy!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am so going to have to try this.....sounds delicious! thanks for sharing!
  • salmoninthebeak
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my friend adds vanilla extract for a hint of flavor and no guilt. Not sure how much...
  • 220gin
    220gin Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh it is so yummy.... I guess I like a lot cause I use a tablespoon of ground per half a 12 cup pot.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this again this weekend. It really enhances the natural sweetness of the coffee (and milk, if you use it). I just put a couple of shakes of ground cinnamon right on top of the grounds for a full pot. A teaspoon sounds like an awful lot--a tablespoon would never fly with my hubby, lol!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I usually add a stick slightly beat up. If you use powder be careful since it can clog the filter and make a horrible mess.