Pork Chops...now what?

Options
Okay all you great cooks out there!! I have pork chops in the freezer..want to make something new with them :). I usually just cook them on the stove top...adding some lemon garlic spice..and sear both sides (and then check with a food temp. to make sure they are done!)

...but that is getting.well..old! what do you do to yours? any good bbq recipes for a pork chop? any help would be greatly appriecated!! :)

Replies

• Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im a pork chop lover but they can get boring...I usually bake or grill (george foreman grill) mine..!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    baste them with maple syrup, then grill and top with applesauce or a pineapple ring.
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    i have a great crock pot pork chop recipe. u put a can of baked beans in the pot, then u rub the chops down with a lil mustard, ketcup and brown sugar and cook it on low for about 4 hours. i know it sounds kinda blahhh but its really yummy. my hubby requests it frequently
  • CosmicDebris83
    Options
    Beat some egg whites in a bowl, dip the chops in the egg, then coat with Italian bread crumbs or Panko. Spray a baking sheet and the tops of the chops with olive oil spray and bake in the oven. I make this for my famliy! We love pork chop night!! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Brown them in a non-stick pan, take them out, add in some crushed garlic, grated ginger, diced chilli, juice of 2 oranges, teaspoon of soy. Let this bubble and add in the chops to finish cooking. Delicious!
  • mixbl
    mixbl Posts: 20
    Options
    What if you thaw the pork chop. take it like you are going to cut it to make a thinner pork chop but not the whole thing. now you have a flap that you can stuff. how about some garlic, onion and Jalapeno stuffed pork chops? bake or grill I bet they would be good.
  • eamjohnson
    eamjohnson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Here's a great recipe from EatingWell.com for Adobo Pork and Potato Packets:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/adobo_pork_potato_packets.html

It's a very simple, but flavorful recipe. I make a couple of changes, though, when I make it. Where it calls for 2 tsp. of paprika, I typically replace half of it with ground chipotle peppers. I also add about a 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper to the mix. Of course, my wife and I like things spicy.

Anyway, it's a great summertime recipe.