Indoor exercise suggestions

Options
jrolfes
jrolfes Posts: 15 Member
It has been SOOOOOO hot here lately and has rained almost every night for weeks! I normally take walks everyday, but with the weather being so ugly, I haven't been able to! Im not a member of a gym and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some indoor exercise suggestions that burn a lot of calories but won't make me bulky! I've done P90X in the past and didn't see a lot of results except a lot of muscle gain......something Im not really looking to do. Im open to any suggestions! Thanks!

Replies

• Ballay
    Ballay Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Get a couple workout videos:smile: I personally love the 30 Day Shred.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    That 30-day shred seems to be very popular. I just started looking into it. We have cable with on-demand, and thankfully that's one of the free offerings. But if you have on-demand, there are tons of free exercise routines on that. Good luck!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    jump rope
    trx
    kettlebells
    pushups/ pullups/ chair dips
    burpees
  • risaris2000
    Options
    Def. Insanity!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    30 Day Shred and Turbo Fire!!!
  • tanana
    tanana Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I've had great success with Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" videos. You can choose from 1 to 5 mile walks. You don't need much space to complete the workout and it's a fine cardio routine. By following the Dukan Diet and exercising 5 times a week with Leslie, I've lost 58 pounds in a little over a year, and am close to my goal weight. Good Luck to you!
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Turbofire will burn a lot of calories and insanity too.
  • thanish
    thanish Posts: 24
    Options
    p90 - fat burner express - 40minutes only. fantastic burn.
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've started doing several high intensity interval training routines that you can do anywhere.

30 seconds squat jumps, 30 seconds mountain climbers, 30 seconds burpees, rest 60 seconds

repeat 4 or 5 times. If you're doing it with enough intensity you'll be gassed. If you're a beleiver in EPOC, you'll be burning more calories than light cardio in alot less time as well..

if this gets boring just replace exercises with others: pushups, varying situps, weights
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Turbo Fire is great, the routines vary in length and they are all different so it keeps it interesting.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    All of the Jillian Michael's videos are good and like another poster said - some of them are available On Demand if you have Verizon Fios. My favorites are 30 Day Shred, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism (this one doesn't use weights but is a great cardio workout and uses your own weight to do some toning exercises), and No More Trouble Zones. I also like Ripped in 30 and Six Week Six Pack but not as much as the first three.
  • mixbl
    mixbl Posts: 20
    Options
    Xbox Kinect Zumba. The wife and I have lots of fun with that one.
  • Nekkoli
    Nekkoli Posts: 9
    Options
    My favorite exercise when I can't get out of the house are my stairs in the house, I highly recommend this to everyone, you can burn twice the calories in a short amount of time, I do 30 minutes and it works up a fantastic sweat, my legs feel stronger and look alot better!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love Turbofire and Insanity!!!
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just bought a trx system (suspension straps) and am going to take it to work - I'm stuck indoors basically working 24hr a day - yes living at work... I'll let you know what I think in a couple of weeks.