Low carb high calorie meals

Options
sharabaumgarner
sharabaumgarner Posts: 9 Member
What is your favorite low carb, high calorie meal? I try not to eat too many carbs, while at the same time I try to gain or maintain weight.

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried out a southwestern burger recipe I found here:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southwest-burger

327 calories, 12g carbs, 18g fat, 30g protein. If fat's also an issue, you can use extra lean beef and reduced fat sausage. That should cut the fat content by 1/2 to 1/3. As for a bun, if you want one, you can use a carb balance wrap instead [6g carbs each].
  • sharabaumgarner
    Options
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a meal. Fave low carb high calorie foods in general. Thanks!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Steak or pork chops.
  • rebellez
    rebellez Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This week I made muffins using coconut flour, walnuts and sweetened with banana - they were so good - I ate them as my running out the door breakfast. About 160 calories for a small muffin. I just googled a recipe and tweaked it.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    One I made last night was fantastic.
    6 eggs, 4 oz. (cooked weight) Mexican chorizo, 2 oz. sharp cheddar.

Precook and drain the chorizo about halfway, beat the eggs, mix the two together. It will look like hell at first, because there's a lot of fat and spices in the chorizo. Cook the mixture, constantly moving it, as you would for any scrambled eggs. Add cheese near the end of the cooking cycle.

944 kcal, 4g carb, 77g fat, 64g protein.
  • theunsunghero
    theunsunghero Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a meal. Fave low carb high calorie foods in general. Thanks!

Pistachios! Mixed nuts. Low carb high calorie dense food. You can crush them up and throw them on top of your favorite chicken recipe.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Pistachios! Mixed nuts. Low carb high calorie dense food. You can crush them up and throw them on top of your favorite chicken recipe.

This works, as well as most any tree nut (except cashews, because almost triple the carbs). I avoid peanuts, just because ew, but I suppose they could theoretically work as well. Just not going to be as calorie dense as something like pecans or macadamias, due to less fat
  • sharabaumgarner
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    Last night I tried out a southwestern burger recipe I found here:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southwest-burger

327 calories, 12g carbs, 18g fat, 30g protein. If fat's also an issue, you can use extra lean beef and reduced fat sausage. That should cut the fat content by 1/2 to 1/3. As for a bun, if you want one, you can use a carb balance wrap instead [6g carbs each].

I'm not worried about fat at all. Once you go super low carb, your body needs a lot of fat :) I do however prefer the healthy fats, but any fat is better than carbs to me!

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    3-meat chili. High protein and high fat, and I can make 2-weeks' worth all at once.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of cheese for this purpose. When I need extra calories, but not really in the mood to eat a bunch, I'll grab an ounce of cheese. I get the 16oz blocks of cheese, cut it into 1oz cubes and put in a container in the fridge. Easy grab and go! Also currently obsessed with these rolls. http://www.findingradiance.com/2011/02/24/magic-rolls-eades-low-carb-comfort-foods/
  • ChrissyGoto
    ChrissyGoto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    3-meat chili. High protein and high fat, and I can make 2-weeks' worth all at once.

recipe please :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat this, but here:

The Zero Carb Bacon Bun Burger (The buns are made out of bacon)
  • sharabaumgarner
    Options
    One I made last night was fantastic.
    6 eggs, 4 oz. (cooked weight) Mexican chorizo, 2 oz. sharp... 944 kcal, 4g carb, 77g fat, 64g protein.]

I love chorizo! I have made this many times, but not in a while. I need to go buy me some chorizo! I could never eat all of that in one sitting though.
  • sharabaumgarner
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »

Send me your recipe please :)