I normally don't eat breakfast, what's the fastest breakfast I can make home?

Options

Replies

• Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Smoothies or Greek yogurt parfait. These can be made the night before and be ready for the morning.

Grabbing a piece of fruit is always good.

Avocado egg salad sandwich. Hard boil the egg the night before and mash a half avocado with it, add salt n pepper for taste. Make some toasted bread in the morning and put some on.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    @st476 that looks like the best breakfast ever! I'm going to have to give that a go!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My go to is one slice of toast, with one slice (pre-sliced) cheese on top, then top the cheese with a sliced up pre-boiled egg. Pop into the microwave for 10 seconds to melt the cheese. Eat. Takes about 3 minutes, is about 200 calories, and I get protein, fat and carbs. It's quite filling, too.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of hard boiled eggs at a time (7-8) every week or so and have one each morning. I also cook quick cooking oatmeal (its comes in the big tubs, not the individual packages with the different flavorings). I add cinnamon to it to give it some flavor. All in all, I am done with breakfast in about fifteen minutes.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Once a week make a big batch of egg muffins with sausage and veggies. You can also do breakfast burritos. Wrap me up and pop them. In the freezer and take them out as needed. Lots of ideas on Pinterest.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Fastest - no breakfast.
    It's not compulsory whatever your trainer may think, if you are having performance issues during your workout he/she may have a good point. If you aren't, don't worry about it and eat in the schedule that suits you.

Pretty close second for speed - a glass of milk.

What @sijomial said.

Breakfast is NOT "the most important meal of the day".

I walk or run in the mornings, so I like to eat something. I eat breakfast biscuits, namely, Weet Bix "Go" biscuits and some Greek yoghurt.

Sanitarium%20Go_zpskmrij4ya.jpg
  • BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Before anything, I would first ask you, what are your goals/purpose for training @gabiruchi ?? (Health concerns? Fat loss? Playing a sport that requires increased performance?)
    Your trainer has a point to an extent. IF you feel sluggish during workout, then yes you may want to eat something a bit before your training session. There is intermittent fasting, which many of my clients as well as myself utilize in order to break into our stored fat cells by having that state of depletion. Some people feel good eating 2 or 3 times per day, where as someone else may eat 5 or 6 times. Depends on YOUR preference, your goals, and your schedule.
    If eating more calories around your lunch works for you because of a strenuous morning workout, do it! (Just Track, track, track those calories) Maybe a bigger dinner is ideal for you because you tend to be really hungry late at night and this helps curb your appetite.
    *Many people that don't track cals (macros) dont eat enough. They are used to eating a certain way that over time, their body adapts to the routine and they plateau.*
    If not used to eating breakfast, don't go big! Baby steps to consistency. Try a protein shake and a banana if whole foods make your stomach uneasy because it's just to much. Prepare ahead is key to success! Make small to-go meals/snacks the night before.
    Many of my foods I eat were already mentioned in above comments... protein shakes, protein bars, yogurt, cream cheese, cereals, milk, granolas, almonds, Quick oats oatmeal, toast with peanut butter, eggs, bagel, don't forget WATER.<water is crucial for many bodily functions...muscle stores, organ function, digestion, body temp, fullness.
    If you have more time in the morning, I love making Protein pancakes. Mmmm pancakes lol.
    Afternoon snacks I'll make wraps. Chicken breast wrapped inside a tortilla with avocado and some sour cream. (iifym lol) Perfect on the go snack that provides me with my protein, carbs, and good fats from avocado.
    There is also a good amount of fiber which helps keep me feel full longer.
    Eat toward your goal, no matter what it is. A long distance runner isn't going to have the same nutrition plan as a bodybuilder because the goal and energy requirements are different.
    You got this! Stay focused, stay positive!
    -John A.
  • skmonak
    skmonak Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I eat over-night oatmeal for breakfast. There are a ton of recipes on Pintrest. You can make enough for 6 days at a time and store in your fridge. If you keep your ingredients simple and don't add a bunch of sugary stuff you are looking at about 325 Calories per serving but you are getting lots of protein and fiber. I use old fashioned oat meal, non-fat, plain, greek yogurt, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, fresh fruit (blue berries for me), a couple tablespoons of pecan piece per serving plus chia seeds then a little honey. It can be warmed prior to eating but I like mine cold.
  • choplikekarate
    choplikekarate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat instant oatmeal, Monday - Friday. Grab 2 packets and head to the office. Make it and eat it at my desk.
  • AnnieintheN0rth
    AnnieintheN0rth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with skmonak. Overnight oats are a god send. Just take them out of the fridge, grab a spoon and you're ready to go. There's a great range of flavors too so it doesn't get boring, cinnamon/apple and peanut butter/banana are my favs.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    An apple.

Breakfast isn't for everyone. It's weird to me that your trainer doesn't know that.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats too. Except mine have turned into morning of oats. haha I put the oats, my cashew milk, sweetener, vanilla, dash of salt and Gingerbread cookie seasoning by Flavor God in a glass jar before I leave the house. I zap it for a min and a half when I get to work and eat at my desk.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Make up some "hardy" breakfasts to freeze on the weekend. Then pop them in the fridge the night before to thaw overnight. Zap 'em in the morning.

I make a potato (hash brown), sausage, and egg white breakfast - mixed altogether like a hash. Freezes well and tastes great!
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. 1/3 cup quick cooking oats, dash of salt, 2/3 c water, 1.5 minutes in my microwave. Take out add some seasoning and 2 Tbsp chopped pecans. Will boil over quickly so watch the microwave. It is quick, delicious and filling. I sweeten with a mixture of apple pie spice, cinnamon and splendid blend.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Do some meal prep on Sundays and make breakfast for the week. I use a lot of Fit Men Cook recipes for all meals. They have some excellent breakfast muffins, casseroles and egg dishes you can make in advance.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy so I just eat a couple quest bars and call it good.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Are your workouts in the morning? Is your trainer expecting you to eat before or after working out? I workout first thing in the morning, no eating before, just a little sip of water. I don't eat until about an hour and a half later or grab something and go. I always have coffee while getting ready for work though. Do you have morning coffee? You could just make your coffee more caloric and skip breakfast or grab a bar or banana and Greek yogurt.
  • cbarham8
    cbarham8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat abut 2 cups of regular oatmeal with 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and a tablespoon of granola and 2 slices of turkey bacon. Hearty breakfast to start the day.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily NEED to eat breakfast but there's no harm in trying it out and seeing if it results in positive changes for you. I find I have more energy if I eat a small breakfast, and I definitely need to eat something before I workout. Here are some breakfast ideas:
    * Hard-boiled eggs. Not the most amazing thing ever but I make 6 at a time and have two for breakfast each day, with some fruit.
    * Yogurt with fruit
    * Mini quiches...sounds like a pain BUT all it really requires is making a mix of eggs, veggies (I use bell pepper and onion), a splash of milk, and some spices all in a bowl. Prep a muffin pan and fill each one with the mix. Bake. Now you have breakfast for a week!
    * Instant oatmeal. Sometimes I'll make a trail mix of dried fruit and nuts. I'll throw a little of that into the oatmeal, along with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
    * Cottage cheese & fruit. OR cottage cheese with cinnamon and a touch of honey
    * Toast or english muffin. Sometimes with peanut butter, or peanut butter and bananas, or honey, or jam

If I'm in a huge rush, I might just grab some pieces of fruit and some nuts and snack in the mornings at work, instead of having a whole meal. Or I'll stop by a gas station and get a bar (my favorites are Powercrunch, Kind, and Larabar).