Need people to keep me accountable!

Options
Hey! I'm back here after a year because 10lbs suddenly crept up on me! Sneaky bugger. But I would like to have some new friends (no matter where you are in your weight loss journey) to help keep me accountable, and I will be there right back for you!

Please and thanks!

Replies

• JDinVT
    JDinVT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - Today is my day one. (ahhhh) 50 pounds to loose. Figured I'd give MFP a shot? I, too need help in accountability.
  • mbryant322
    mbryant322 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just started back up, this is my 3rd week. I need to lose about 30lbs. :)
  • taunto_
    taunto_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hi erillyn. Welcome back to MFP.

If I may give some unsolicited advice, surround yourself with people who inspire and motive you. "Accountability", will not get you far. I have tried every method to get myself to work. I have some amazing accountability friends who are like blood thirsty hounds to get me to move around. I will tell you from experience, if you aren't motivated yourself, you will slowly tune them out or simply just quit listening to them or worst, quit MFP.

I suggest keeping friends who motive you by doing their own workouts. I have friends who talk often about fitness. Even their non-fitness statuses often have some activity they are mentioning or something about nutrition.

But in the end, you will have to motivate youself. Accountability to others will not take you far. At least not as far as self-motivation and perseverance will.

I hope you good luck in your future adventures! :)
  • kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm also looking for accountability and active friends!
  • RueJue
    RueJue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need accountability friends too!
  • moeshaforrester50
    moeshaforrester50 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too i need accountability friends
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I started at 205, currently 170. Hoping to get around 140 or so.
  • NessF86
    NessF86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love you to add me. I'm hoping to lose around 8kgs. Anyone else that would like to add me please do. I need the support!
  • cmwanwrjw751
    cmwanwrjw751 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I need to lose 55 pounds.
  • beckyhaa
    beckyhaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The weight I lost has been creeping back up and now my clothes are too tight. :( I'd love to have someone or a couple of people to message directly (daily?) so we could ask each other if we exercised, ate well, etc. Anyone interested in that to help us keep up our good habits?