Am I doing ok so far?

Options
Hi, I have been in and out this weight loss for years and I am trying not to think too much of a weight loss but to live healthier. I have been doing stationay cycling for 3 weeks now (started with 30 mins at first week then 45 mins at 2nd week and now I am at 60 mins my avg. heart rate is around 135-145) I didn't do so well on food recently but I have been doing better now. Trying to eat less carbs but I am still not good with food.

Anyone have suggestion for easy meals and what would help more with this goal?
I am currently 99.5 kg and I started my come back from 101.5 kg. since 3 weeks ago.
Am I losing too slow? and If it is possible to lose even more?

Replies

• tammmers83
    tammmers83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try some weight lifting. Up your protein lower your sugar
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome back to MFP , I think most everyone will say the same , it doesn't matter how much you exercise if your eating to much , What has mfp set your daily calories at ? Buy a set of kitchen scales weigh everything don't use cups and spoons to measure they are inaccurate , use weight by grams it's the most accurate .
    Log everything you eat ...
    Once you know exactly how many calories you should have a day it makes meal planning way easier
    Yes it is possible to lose more but start at the beginning first & set you mfp up to lose 1 kilo a week , it will tell you what your daily calories are from there .
    good luck on your journey
  • deviolantte
    deviolantte Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations on your recent weightloss - you've lost two KG's in three weeks, that's great and is at a healthy rate. Yes, you probably could lose more and adjust your calories but many people find this is not sustainable - give it a try and see.
    Basically weightloss is majorly about what you put in to your body therefore make sure you are weighing your food on a food scale and staying within your calorie goal. :)
  • Jeebles604
    Jeebles604 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What is your goal weight? What is your height? You say that you've been in and out for years... Do you know what hasn't worked in the past?

If you are tracking your calories through MyFitnessPal, what does the app say in regards to how many calories you should be eating?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If your issue is diet and grabbing the wrong foods then prior planning and batch cooking will be useful techniques

It is mainly about food

Low carb is a personal matter of choice for adherence ...doesn't work for me ...it's about calories and maintaining your defecit over time
  • deviolantte
    Options
    I am 167 cm tall and my goal weight is 75 kg. I have been felling off a lot due stress from work, failed relationship and I had been in a bad diet before (starving myself) So I have gained so much weight each year (Stupid, I know) I started to feel sick easily , So i mainly just want to be less heavy and healthier.

Yeah I know low-carb is a choice but I think I am a carb addict. If I get hand on pasta or rice, I would eat a lot of them and all the time. So I am trying to figure it out what I should eat that use much less of time to cook because I always feel so tired when I get home and I have a bad habit that I dont like to eat breakfast or lunch (Always big meal at dinner and late night snack) So I am trying to change that now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You don't need to change when you eat, it makes no difference and if it suits you why bother?

It's just how much
  • deviolantte
    Options
    Used to be A LOT but I am trying to switch the thing I am eating now (chips to fruits like watermelon etc)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    There really is no such a thing as loosing too slow. You are loosing and it is a very healthy way you are doing it.

I think you are doing fantastic, and if you want to switch out foods like chips for fruit, etc.. this is a personal choice albeit not required. The longer you do this, each day and week becomes opportunities for making choices you want to make with your diet and exercise that works towards sucess and achieving the goals. Low carb or a specific diet structure, food swapping or restriction, etc.. these are all personal choices and if they are healthier alternatives for your needs, keep doing that!