Ladies... time of the month question

Options
I stepped on the scale today and it said I gained almost 10 lbs in a day - I drink tons of water and eat healthy but I did start my period today as well. So I'm just curious, how much do you guys usually gain while its that time of the month!?

Replies

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check your scale batteries. 3-5lbs is the norm
  • tkeeney4
    tkeeney4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay I will!!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Other things can also affect this.
    Did you eat a high sodium meal lately? Snacks? Did you drink alcohol? Intense exercise?
  • AprilTom
    AprilTom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A lot. U drink a lot too. But tend to crave salt and suger before period. I usualy cant weigh myself till period ends or itas all wonky.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The most I've gained over night is 5 pounds, however I will notice a slow creeping gain of roughly a pound or two prior to that. At ten pounds I'd check your scale.
  • KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    10 seems a bit much, but I usually gain about 5lb just before my period and it all drops off the day after it starts.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have gained up to 8lbs at TOM...but its all gone once it is over... don't panic!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have excessive hunger and usually eat around 1,800-2,000 calories for 2-3 days prior to period and that causes some weight gain as well as the natural bloating. I try to take a diuretic just once or twice as well as up my water intake to attempt to combat this.
  • MinnieMay9
    MinnieMay9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Depends on the month, but 5-7 is my usual. Super annoying, but I just have to keep in mind that it isn't forever.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    don't freak out, just stick with your goals and see where you are in 5 days. I bet its water...but for me I tend to not BM as frequently when I have cramps...could that account for a few extra pounds?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have "gained" as much as nine pounds around that time of the month.
  • orviske
    orviske Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm just seeing this phenomenon. I started my journey right after my period ended. I went down to 214, I was getting super stoked. Fast forward 3 1/2 weeks to this week and I'm back up to 219!!! Super pissed, but I expect my period to start soon. I'm going to just keep plugging away and hope it's water weight like my hubby says.....

• Antonia_I
    Antonia_I Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 3lbs. Stays for about 5 days. 10lb sounds like a scale issue.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Usually between 3-5lbs
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Around 2-3 lbs for me. I try to be extra careful with my food during that time because I get so discouraged by the scale. It's usually gone by a week after my TOM
  • kwickey1982
    kwickey1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I understand. I think my weight fluctuates during that time for sure. I feel a little panicky but I know that it'll get back to normal. For me it starts a few days before and after I'm done it gets better. Don't give up. Also, I would check your batteries too.
  • hrj888
    hrj888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I actually lose a few lbs during that time of month.
  • neithomp
    neithomp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Once I gained 13 lbs during my period. Then I dropped it right at the end. My usual is about 6.