Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies... time of the month question

I stepped on the scale today and it said I gained almost 10 lbs in a day - I drink tons of water and eat healthy but I did start my period today as well. So I'm just curious, how much do you guys usually gain while its that time of the month!?

Replies

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Check your scale batteries. 3-5lbs is the norm
  • tkeeney4
    tkeeney4 Posts: 10 Member
    Okay I will!!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Other things can also affect this.
    Did you eat a high sodium meal lately? Snacks? Did you drink alcohol? Intense exercise?
  • AprilTom
    AprilTom Posts: 27 Member
    A lot. U drink a lot too. But tend to crave salt and suger before period. I usualy cant weigh myself till period ends or itas all wonky.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    The most I've gained over night is 5 pounds, however I will notice a slow creeping gain of roughly a pound or two prior to that. At ten pounds I'd check your scale.
  • KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    10 seems a bit much, but I usually gain about 5lb just before my period and it all drops off the day after it starts.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    I have gained up to 8lbs at TOM...but its all gone once it is over... don't panic!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    I have excessive hunger and usually eat around 1,800-2,000 calories for 2-3 days prior to period and that causes some weight gain as well as the natural bloating. I try to take a diuretic just once or twice as well as up my water intake to attempt to combat this.
  • MinnieMay9
    MinnieMay9 Posts: 12 Member
    Depends on the month, but 5-7 is my usual. Super annoying, but I just have to keep in mind that it isn't forever.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    don't freak out, just stick with your goals and see where you are in 5 days. I bet its water...but for me I tend to not BM as frequently when I have cramps...could that account for a few extra pounds?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I have "gained" as much as nine pounds around that time of the month.
  • orviske
    orviske Posts: 14 Member
    I'm just seeing this phenomenon. I started my journey right after my period ended. I went down to 214, I was getting super stoked. Fast forward 3 1/2 weeks to this week and I'm back up to 219!!! Super pissed, but I expect my period to start soon. I'm going to just keep plugging away and hope it's water weight like my hubby says.....

• Antonia_I
    Antonia_I Posts: 12 Member
    I usually gain 3lbs. Stays for about 5 days. 10lb sounds like a scale issue.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Usually between 3-5lbs
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Around 2-3 lbs for me. I try to be extra careful with my food during that time because I get so discouraged by the scale. It's usually gone by a week after my TOM
  • kwickey1982
    kwickey1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Ugh. I understand. I think my weight fluctuates during that time for sure. I feel a little panicky but I know that it'll get back to normal. For me it starts a few days before and after I'm done it gets better. Don't give up. Also, I would check your batteries too.
  • hrj888
    hrj888 Posts: 30 Member
    I actually lose a few lbs during that time of month.
  • neithomp
    neithomp Posts: 19 Member
    Once I gained 13 lbs during my period. Then I dropped it right at the end. My usual is about 6.