Lifestyle Change

Options
Hi everyone. This is not my first time on MFP, but I really need help. I am 4'10 and 148.8 pounds. I really want to get down to 127ish. Now I know I must exercise and eat right but my main problem is consistency and I don't eat enough. I'll track and plan my meals on MFP but rarely do I stick to it. For example I'll have lunch planned out but once lunch time comes around I am not hungry or just don't want to eat. Yesterday I didn't eat lunch or dinner. I have a family history of obesity and I do not want to go down that same road. Is there any advice for quick meal replacements. I have a breakfast smoothie each morning with frozen fruit, almond milk, flaxseed oil, banana and protein powder. Should I just drink one of these for lunch too, just to assure I'm getting some nutrition for lunch. I'm currently snacking on apples w/ PB, plain greek yogurt, or mixed nuts. and as far as my workout routine I have 4 month old baby so I get up a 5/530 each morning to start preparing for my day and getting up any later is out of the question and by the time I get home I'm exhausted so I was going to try to do 6 mini HIIT workouts (10 min each) during the course of my work day, but is this sufficient for the amount of weight I want to lose? I really need help, some ideas, and accountability partner if anyone is able and willing. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% what you do in the kitchen. Make your meals and snacks ahead of time and use a food scale for accuracy.

Missing meals will not cause you to gain weight, over eating does. You can over eat "healthy" food.
  • shortie120
    shortie120 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @jrulo16 I've tried preplanning meals and I bring them then don't eat them. I think i'll probably one smoothing for breakfast and one for lunch and then a small dinner. I'm more liable to drink a smoothie than eating a meal.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are accurate with measuring calorie content. It is easy to make a 500+cal smoothie
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    shortie120 wrote: »
    @jrulo16 I've tried preplanning meals and I bring them then don't eat them. I think i'll probably one smoothing for breakfast and one for lunch and then a small dinner. I'm more liable to drink a smoothie than eating a meal.

There's nothing wrong with this. There's also nothing wrong with skipping lunch entirely as long as you are getting enough calories the rest of the day.

I agree, though, that you need to be very meticulous about quantifying your calories, especially at first. Weigh everything solid on a kitchen scale and use measuring cups for liquids.

Exercise is not needed for weight loss but it's good for your overall health and fitness. Squeeze in what you can during the day. Several HIIT sessions is actually a good idea. I've read quite a few articles recently which point at several short bouts of exercise during the day being better than one long session and then being sedentary the rest of the day.