Irish guy in Texas

Options
gc384
gc384 Posts: 33 Member
Hi there, Ive been in good shape for most of my life EXCEPT the past couple of years where laziness and eating took over!

Im aiming to cut fat and build muscle.

Feel free to add me to keep in touch :)

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    You're from Ireland?
  • gc384
    Options
    yea
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    gc384 wrote: »
    Hi there, Ive been in good shape for most of my life EXCEPT the past couple of years where laziness and eating took over!

Im aiming to cut fat and build muscle.

Feel free to add me to keep in touch :)

Hello from a fellow irish man in ireland. How is the weather treating you in Texas? We had our once a summer heatwave last week. Got up to 30 degrees. We were all dying. I'm sure its much warmer/hotter where you are.
  • gc384
    Options
    Hello back jd! Yea its boiling, Texas isn't fun in the summer lol, I genuinely miss grey clouds everyday and light rain!
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Where in Texas?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well, at least now you understand what Summer actually is. For pure hell, visit Houston this time of year. And if you think you're strong, the Hotter 'N Hell 100 is next month in Wichita Falls.
  • gc384
    Options
    @ dtmwed I live in Dallas.

Lol to be fair Jerome ive spent the majority of the past 15 years in afghanistan,iraq etc so im used to the heat. Im in W Africa at the moment for work.I just hadn't realised texan weather was as miserable as it is.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    It's really nice for 2 days in April and November. When El Nino cooperates. If we're not having a hurricane. Or a tornado. Or a fire. Hell, even Dallas had earthquakes a couple of years ago. What industry are you in that has you travel so?
  • gc384
    Options
    Lol yeah i love the winter months in texas (the bit just after the miserable heat but just before the freezing rain storms). The first time i head tornado sirens going off I thought it was a bombing raid world war 2 style lol. I work in health and safety :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    I work in Dallas and live up I-35 a ways.
  • gc384
    Options
    awesome mate, i stay over by the 75