How much did you lose in the first 2 months?

Options
I am down 21 lbs in my first two months and would just like to compare my loss to others. I am 5ft 5in and currently at 135lbs.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Age has a lot to do with it. I used to lose weight fast when I was young. When you get older, it just seems a bit harder.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    In my first 2 months I lost 10 pounds.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    40 pounds, but quite a bit of that was water.
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think that 6lbs of my loss was water because that's what I lost in the first week...
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll add that I'm 24 years old and live a moderately active lifestyle.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    On the morning of March 26 I weighed 246. I began January 25 at 272.4. That's 26.4 lb in the first 2 months.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in the first two months
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Hit my goal of 30lbs lost in the first two minths a few years ago at age 43. I lose easily though because of my activity level.

Everybody loses at different paces because of all the variables involved.
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    40 year old male and knocked out 35 pounds between 12/20/15-2/20/16. I did not do it healthily though. I weigh 6 pounds more now but look so much better because a) I exercise and b) I actually eat.
  • Bee_Le
    Bee_Le Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just started like 45 days ago, I lost 17 lbs so far :) Feels so good to see some results.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    20 pounds, and I'm a 41 year old mother of 3...I don't think age has anything to do with it other than loss of muscle due to inactivity.

But I do think it's harder for short people...when the minimum possible calorie intake only allows you to lose 1 pound a week, the deck feels stacked sometimes you need to be creative.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    15, but the first five were courtesy of Noro. ><
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The first two months was a pretty big loss. I think around 17 pounds. It's gone down every month after that though. I'm losing around 4-5 lbs per month now I believe. I'm trying to contribute it to being in a healthy weight range for my body now though...although I could probably straighten out my diet a little more.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    GeoBaybee wrote: »
    I think that 6lbs of my loss was water because that's what I lost in the first week...

*at least* 6 of it is due to water. It takes a couple weeks to lose water weight usually, I believe. I lost 14 pounds the first month -- I contribute most of that to water weight though!
  • lf2823
    lf2823 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was down 34+ lb my first two months. But I'm a fat kid.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    No two people will be the same. How much you are going to lose in the first 2 months depends on how much you HAVE to lose in the first place. If you only have 20 to lose you are not going to lose the same as someone who has 90 or more.

@OP losing 21 lbs in 2 months for you is A LOT. Starting at 156 how much can you possibly need to lose? 40 lbs?? maybe?? you shouldn't be aiming for any more than about .5 to 1 lb / week. That's 4 - 6 lbs a MONTH. Your current rate of loss is not sustainable or healthy for someone your size.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    22 pounds in the first 2 months; started at 211, age 45.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    5'7 188lbs first 2 months maybe 15 lbs. 3.5 years ago I cant recall
    I do know 6 months in I lost a total of 48 lbs.

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs in the first 2 months. 10 of that was the first month, then 5 the second month.
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just a few days short of 2 months but lost 40lbs so far. I went from a sedentary lifestyle of 1,000 or fewer steps a day to 10k to 20k steps a day also changed diet to eliminate massive amounts of liquid calories.