Tuna Recipes - HELP!

2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    My favorite is tuna mixed with dill and chopped red onion.
    Last week I tried one of those Starkist tuna pouches with lemon pepper, it was surprisingly good.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I made a Spicy Cucumber Tuna Salad today.

Spicy%2BCucumber%2BTuna%2BSalad%2BMasonable4.jpg
  • huskertrue
    huskertrue Posts: 2 Member
    Here are a couple of my tuna go-tos ... and for a low-carb alternative to bread, try them on a baked sweet potato (plain) or quinoa ...

Southwest:
    Mix in your favorite salsa (~2 T) and 1/4 avocado (mashed)

Added Protein:
    Substitute plain Greek yogurt for mayo, then mix in your favorite seasings, veggies and/or fruits ... and a hard-boiled egg, for even more protein. To kick it up a notch, add spicy red pepper flakes. For a Mediterranean version, add chopped cucumber, black olives, capers, red onion and lemon juice. Or if just wanting something quick and easy with a little zip, sprinkle with Cavendar's Greek seasoning and black pepper.
  • Sandra0585
    Sandra0585 Posts: 2 Member
    If you like Latin foods. I do a tuna tostadas. Heb has baked tostadas only 40 cals each. Smashed beans of choice, tuna, avocado, pico de gallo, lettuce. I have fun with the veggie toppings. Or I mix tuna with pico de gallo with lime and eat with crackers, or celery sticks.
  • brrrrito
    brrrrito Posts: 39 Member
    here's my favourite, basic tuna recipe:
    can of tuna in water, drained.
    .5 or 1 tbsp of mayo
    1 dill pickle (or two baby dills), diced
    .5 tbsp pickle juice

-mix the above together, i prefer half tablespoon of mayo but whatever works for you!
    -cut a bell pepper in half, clear out seeds
    -pile your tuna mixture into the hollowed out bell pepper halves, ENJOY!

it's satisfyingly crunchy and salty, and 179 cals, 4 carbs, 6g of fat, 16g of protein, 522mg salt, 1g of fibre. (those macros are with 1 tbsp as i split this recipe for lunch with my boyfriend this time and he's a mayo fiend)