How do you jazz up Black Bean Spaghetti?

Options
ClubSilencio
ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
I normally associate black beans with latin ingredients.

What do you put on your black bean spaghetti? Ragu or nah?

how-to-cook-black-bean-pasta.jpg

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Jazz hands:
    1gZufts.gif
    Sriracha sauce and vegetables. Maybe chicken.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Maybe pesto and some romano cheese? Can't go wrong with olive oil and garlic or some clam sauce.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Haven't had it, but I'm thinking it would be a great base for chili (if you're of the Cincinnati persuasion).
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    On the Latin idea I'd bust up the noodles so they were a little smaller toss it with some homemade pico de gallo, lime, cilantro and avocado and serve it cold as a salad.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ragu yes! Add a spoonful of fat free sour cream w the ragu, gives it a bit more creaminess. yum.

Olive oil, salt, pepper and shredded parmasean.

Or butter and salt w chopped green onions and chopped tomatoes.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I tend to cook it, drain and set aside on a plate, throw some garlic and veggies into the pot and sauté, add the black bean pasta and any sauces or seasonings of choice, let it simmer for a little combine flavors, top with cheese and bake for 5-10 mins in a toaster oven or give it a quick broil to Brown the cheese. It's almost like a quick baked veggie lasagna dish! Super good!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Ragu, a can of tomatoes, red peppers, garlic. Sprinkle of parm cheese. Just like spaghetti. Easy dinner.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I usually just put regular marinara sauce on them. To me, they don't taste any different from any other kind of spaghetti.

I've made an Asian-style pasta salad with them before. Basically, it was the cooked noodles, julienned carrot, and sliced red bell pepper toasted in a sauce made from sesame oil, Bragg's Aminos (could sub soy/Tamari sauce), honey, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Julia Child's voice is in my head (or is it Fannie Farmer?) to get some color contrast. I'd toss the spaghetti with Italian salad dressing then top with Greek Yogurt and Parmesan.
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of these. Where do you find them? Similar calories as regular wheat pasta?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    @BigBadVanna Here is their website so you can get an idea of what the package looks like. Near pastas.
    http://www.explore-asian.com/products/ Try the black bean first (best).
    I cannot find them in "regular" grocery stores. I have to go to my local whole foods store, or other fancy stores. Surprisingly a serving fills me up. 4 servings in a package. Cost of the package was no more than $5. Worth it. Loaded with fiber, protein and very low cal. All info on website.