Before and 65lbs later pics

Options

Replies

• patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Dang you look great. You look so much smaller! Congrats!!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Wonderful! Great job!
  • TanyaDL
    TanyaDL Posts: 54
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Options
    This is sooooo great!
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Fantastic work! You are such an inspiration to those of us over 40!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!! Way to go!
  • Pippapipster
    Pippapipster Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oooo you look v v happy - I am around the same weight as your beginning... and am just starting... can you tell me what kept you going and how your lost so much in such a short time??? your resilience - mind set and your top tips if you want to share? thanks
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Your pictures are incredible! You are beautiful in both, but it must feel so great to be able to run 5k, and know your body is healthier and stronger! Keep up the hard work and you will reach your goal in no time!
  • car01ine
    car01ine Posts: 12
    Options
    you look like a totally different person!! Well done!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Who says 40 is over the hill?? You look great!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    oooo you look v v happy - I am around the same weight as your beginning... and am just starting... can you tell me what kept you going and how your lost so much in such a short time??? your resilience - mind set and your top tips if you want to share? thanks
    I am far from an expert but I do have a couple of things that have really helped me.

1) Make you journal public. The more people watching you the better.....lol
    2} Encourage at least one or two of your friends or family to join. Once you have a couple of new people actually looking to you to show them the ropes on MFP, you will be motivated to set an example. Don't underestimate this one. I use it to motivate myself daily. I have convinced myself that if I fall off, I might discourage my Mom, sister, daughter, brother and sister in-laws to fall off and then I would be robbing them of life and vitality. It's my biggest motivater.
    3) Treat your fiber and protein as minimums instead of max. The more calories you spend here, the less room you have for "junk calories". I try to make sure that every snack I have has some sort of nutrient my body needs. Therefore, when it's not fruits or veggies (which I'm not great about by the way....I'm working on it.) I make sure it is high fiber.
    4) Get moving. I had not worked anything but my mouth for years! At first I was motivated to move a little just out of hunger. I wanted the extra calories to eat. Greatest thing happened. The more I moved, the better I felt. Now I exercise because it makes me feel incredible! (not to mention what it does for my weight loss) For those who don't think they can....stock fooling yourself....anyone can. You start out small....tiny even. I started walking a little....then 30 second jogs within my walk....I've just gradually increased the length and number of those jogs. It works and everyone can do it at some level.

Anyway, I hope any of this helps. Good luck to everyone on their own journeys and thanks for all the encouragement!
  • Candi8185
    Candi8185 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great!!
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    You look great!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    You looked 45 in your bfore pic, but you look 10 years younger in your after. Plus I am super impressed that you have your family involved that is half the battle, getting other people to support and believe in you.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Ok, losing 65 pounds is amazing and you should be proud, but ... how did you get 15 years younger in the process?! :wink:

Great accomplishment. :flowerforyou:
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    WOW.....look at you!! You look great!!!!
    Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • pippi65
    pippi65 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow How wonderful!! You look fantastic!! Bet your energy level is off the charts too!! I'm looking forward to having some nice before & after photos like yours!! Good Job!! Keep it up.
  • Athelene
    Athelene Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely great! How long did it take you to get here? I have signed up w/this program for a few months now and have forgotten about it, but thank goodness, I found the app on my phone and remembered this site existed. Well now that I am determined to eat healthy and lose weight, it really helps to be involved in an inspiring community and reading success stories such as yours. Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • dramaligre
    dramaligre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cogratulations!!! You look wonderful!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!