Has anyone had any success with this?

Options
Hi there!

I completely fell off the bandwagon of exercising :sad: and am trying to gert back on but with the snow and darn cold we have here I am afraid I am stuck in my winter "blahs". I recently read online about the Acai berry supplements and also the South Beach Acai Berry Diet and I was wondering if anyone tried it and had any success. The healthy benefits is what most intrigued me (with the much needed energy levels and so forth). Please let me know if you have tried this and your thoughts. I am not looking for a miracle pill or an excuse to "lose weight while flipping through soaps :tongue: " But I just want help in getting back to my routine and getting out of the winter blahs since I can't afford to hire a drill sergeant to yell in my ears and motivate me till I cry :laugh: j/k. Thanks for all input!!

Chris

Replies

• cspatzer
    Options
    Hi there!

I completely fell off the bandwagon of exercising :sad: and am trying to gert back on but with the snow and darn cold we have here I am afraid I am stuck in my winter "blahs". I recently read online about the Acai berry supplements and also the South Beach Acai Berry Diet and I was wondering if anyone tried it and had any success. The healthy benefits is what most intrigued me (with the much needed energy levels and so forth). Please let me know if you have tried this and your thoughts. I am not looking for a miracle pill or an excuse to "lose weight while flipping through soaps :tongue: " But I just want help in getting back to my routine and getting out of the winter blahs since I can't afford to hire a drill sergeant to yell in my ears and motivate me till I cry :laugh: j/k. Thanks for all input!!

Chris
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im with you chris im in the winter blues! Stuck stuck stuck! Im trying but im just so not motivated.
    Kristy
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    I haven't tried the supplements, there seems to be so much hype over it that it makes me suspicious (too good to be true?!?!), but I do drink acai berry juice every day for the antioxidant and "cleansing" benefit. As with most juice it's high in calories and sugar for an 8 oz. serving, but I put about 2 oz in club soda with a little lime and it's so refreshing! It may be all in my head, but I do feel more energetic and it seems to help with the winter blahs!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    One lady posted on this yesterday saying they ripped her off but I'm not sure where she got it. Something with Good Morning America, maybe a link they had??
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I haven't tried the supplements, there seems to be so much hype over it that it makes me suspicious (too good to be true?!?!), but I do drink acai berry juice every day for the antioxidant and "cleansing" benefit. As with most juice it's high in calories and sugar for an 8 oz. serving, but I put about 2 oz in club soda with a little lime and it's so refreshing! It may be all in my head, but I do feel more energetic and it seems to help with the winter blahs!

I didn't buy acai berry juice because of the calorie content - scared me away. WHat a great idea to combine it with club soda and lime! I'm going to try it! Thanks for posting!
  • velvetwing
    Options
    be careful and make sure you look into it carefully first. I found several things online that said to be careful with such products which make promises to 'cleanse' as there are also side effects.
  • cspatzer
    Options

That is what I am afraid of (too good to be true!!) If you don't mind me asking where did you get the juice from? I have never seen this. Thanks and thanks to all for your awesome replies!!!
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :angry: I'm not sure about any weight loss supplement. I don't think any of them work. Has anyone had any success with them? Pam
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    I get it at my local grocery store in the produce section, where the bagged salad stuff is. It's pretty expensive (almost $4 for 16 oz.), but like I said, a little goes a long way...a bottle lasts me over a week.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Supplements make me a little nervous. They sound too good to be true. If they really worked doctors would be giving them to patients that are in danger for obesity linked complications.:indifferent: I think we need to do it the proven way of nutrition and exercise:drinker: and lots of water.:huh: :ohwell: I too have the winter blahs but this site helps:smile::smile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

That is what I am afraid of (too good to be true!!) If you don't mind me asking where did you get the juice from? I have never seen this. Thanks and thanks to all for your awesome replies!!!

Walmart sells the gel pill form, that's what I take, I have IBS (bowel syndrome) and was ALWAYS irregular, since taking it, I'm fine, plus I don't know if it's in my head or what but I do feel more energetic, like others have said, I'd try it :)
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I bought a bottle at GNC I don't feel any difference
    but that could just be me
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Acai Berries are just the latest "trend." Sure, they have antioxidant values... but so do blueberries, pomegranite, rasberries... and hundreds of other fruits and berries out there. Since Acai berries are new and hip there's been a market created for them.
    Supplements are created for just what they are called... supplementing. They are made for people who may not get enough of a certain nutrient from their regular eating habits. They really aren't all too terribly necessary, depending on your needs and your goals. There are supplements out there that are great to take, because we usually don't get enough of the vitamins/minerals in our diet... and then there's those that are unnesscary.
    Only YOU can be the judge, really.
    I, personally, find the Acai Berry stuff to be a rip-off... but that's just me.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    PS - I've read articles that the "winter blahs" come from a deficiency in Vitamin D (which our body will naturally produce from sun exposure)... less time out in the sunlight, less Vitamin D... more blahs.

But, do a little research and don't take my word 100% on this topic - http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/982088787.html