How much did you lose in the first 2 months?

Options
2»

Replies

• GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Koldnomore wrote: »
    No two people will be the same. How much you are going to lose in the first 2 months depends on how much you HAVE to lose in the first place. If you only have 20 to lose you are not going to lose the same as someone who has 90 or more.

@OP losing 21 lbs in 2 months for you is A LOT. Starting at 156 how much can you possibly need to lose? 40 lbs?? maybe?? you shouldn't be aiming for any more than about .5 to 1 lb / week. That's 4 - 6 lbs a MONTH. Your current rate of loss is not sustainable or healthy for someone your size.

I have been eating 1300-1600 calories a day, working out 4x/week, walking 10k+ steps a day and drinking plenty of water. I don't feel hungry too often. I thought I was doing okay...I weighed 117 before baby, so that's my end goal.
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    GeoBaybee wrote: »
    I am down 21 lbs in my first two months and would just like to compare my loss to others. I am 5ft 5in and currently at 135lbs.

I may had lost 5# but I wasn't sticking to my diet and exercise like I want. I was only working out for an hour compared to my 2 hr blowouts!
  • mel_607
    mel_607 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am down 25.7 lbs in 1 month.. I'm having a hard time getting all my cals though.. It says I need 1200 but I ALWAYS end up short.. I stop eating at 7pm.. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    mel_607 wrote: »
    I am down 25.7 lbs in 1 month.. I'm having a hard time getting all my cals though.. It says I need 1200 but I ALWAYS end up short.. I stop eating at 7pm.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nutella or peanut butter will sort that out quick.
  • ilyo777
    ilyo777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    About four years ago I managed to lose 26lb in my first two months. Another 8lb or so in the month after that.

I kept if off for a while until an injury knocked me right back off the wagon and 90% of that went back on over the next three years. I'm literally just starting again this week, we'll see how it goes!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    15.4. I started at 250 lbs, 5'3", 31 years old.
  • zerocool44535
    zerocool44535 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Iam just gordo
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    56 years old in my first two months I lost 29 pounds. everybody's going to lose at different rates don't try to judge yourself by what others are doing.

I'm on my 7th month my total loss has been about 70 pounds and I'm in the maintenance phase for a while now. Congrats on your success
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    43 years old (42 when I started), 5'5" and I lost 22 pounds the first two months. However, I started at 281.4 pounds. The more you weigh, the more you can lose at the beginning.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Koldnomore wrote: »
    No two people will be the same. How much you are going to lose in the first 2 months depends on how much you HAVE to lose in the first place. If you only have 20 to lose you are not going to lose the same as someone who has 90 or more.

I agree with this. I had 120 lbs to lose at the start of this. I've been logging again only for about a month but I've already lost a total of 16 lbs (12 so far from logging and 4 from before). I estimate my loss for two months will be around 25 lbs but if you look at how much I have to lose it makes more sense. You can't compare yourself to others unless they have similar stats to you.