Not meeting carbs, and sodium recommendation.

Options
Silly question. Im trying to lose last 10 lbs, apparently I'm not meeting some of my nutrition. According to this app should I reach all my nutrition list?

Replies

• JC77721
    JC77721 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Reaching carbs is not very important (as long as you are not eating too few of them either IMO). Focus instead in reaching more or less the total calorie amount shown if your only goal is to lose fat.
    About sodium intake, I am not really sure how much of it you should consume daily. I read in an article that the recommendation is 1,500 to 2,300 mg of sodium per day. Are you sure you might be lacking sodium? Sodium is in a lot of foods, I don't think many people would lack sodium in their diet
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You don't have to reach your sodium number. This is a maximum - not a minimum number.
    Same for many other goals such as: calories (do not have to reach total), carbs, cholesterol, sugars, fat.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would use carbs and sodium as maximums, while fat and protein should be seen as minimums
  • jrodriguez865
    jrodriguez865 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks JC7721 for the reply. My sodium max is 2300. But I'll reach like 1800 more or less. I prep my meals and use Mrs.Bairds seasoning so my meals don't have added salt. I'll double check my meals though.