30 day shred, day 1 today - anyone else? Will this work?

Options
Hi all,

So, i finally got myself the 30 day shred, heard so many good reviews about it i can't wait to get started on this! Sooo excited lol!

Starting tonight once i have got home, so today will be day 1, i plan on doing it everyday for the 30 days, don't have any weekends away etc planned so should be no reason for me to not do this!

Will be taking measurements tonight as well as before and after pictures and hopefully will see the results that i'm looking for! I am 10lbs from goal, but am happy if dont lose all this if it means i lose inches instead.

so who's in with me? if there's anyone else starting this today or within last/next couple of days and wants to join in with me/support each other etc then that would be great! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it, but I'm going to go research it now.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have and said I was going to start today...so maybe I will join in this with you...I have 20lbs to my goal and I have been stuck here for a few weeks...so Hey...I have nothing to lose and I love JM 30 DS...I jus have never done it the whole 30 days...so I'm in it to win it witcha!!!!
    Add me!!!
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love it! I have noticed a difference in me I think. I will know more in about 2 1/2 weeks when I'm done and take after pics and measurments!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Done it. LOVE it
    Buy some tylenol.....your gonna be SORE.
    But a good sore
    and keep working thru the soreness, it actually helps
  • gettingthin03
    Options
    Im in. I got it and plan to start tonight for 30 straight days. I am going to the beach in August and would like to lose some inches and lbs by then.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Today is day 15 for me.

I noticed visible differences in my body by day 5. Never had that with ANY work out before, including when I worked with a personal trainer.

It's tough, but worth it. I just keep telling myself it's only 20 minutes. it's only 20 minutes. (I actually do about 30, start warming up before she does, and I count the cool down....) but you can do it with the right mind set.

good luck!
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started a couple of weeks ago and then quit. It really is a great workout, I just haven't had the time. I am starting again today, so we can do this together!!
  • Time4me2003
    Options
    I will join you! I am going to do this for the next 30 days and see what happens. I still have about 40 pounds to lose, so hoping this helps it along:).
    I need to take my measurements and photos.
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am starting today too! I just bought it yesterday and was planning on doing it then.....but my power went out for like 6 hours! So I went and played Basketball ball somewhere else where it had AC instead lol. I live in AZ where its 115! Anyway I am starting today and WAY excited. I have about 15 lbs to my goal weight.
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    Glad theres a few of us doing it at the same time, hopefully can keep eachother motivated.

Did day 2 yesterday and definately felt it, day 3 today!
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    Good luck I am on day 11 today and loving it! It is hard work but stick with it as the results are fab! I have lost inches rather than weight!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm going to vegas in September, so I'm definitely trying to drop some inches.
    I've done it before, but didn't really like it because I wasn't dropping pounds.
    But I'm going to add it in a few times a week for the extra calorie burn!
    Doing 2 videos a day (30DS & Zumba), plus 45 minutes of cardio at the gym, AND 2-3 days of strength training.
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    I am starting today with Day 1. have to take my measurements and before pictures before i start. My 1 year wedding anniversary is on August 9th so I am hoping to look the same if not better than that day (minus the big white dress of course)
  • Time4me2003
    Options
    Okay, I am out for now. I managed to hurt my back. Good luck everyone!
  • sd892310
    Options
    day 3 done last night, anyone starting to feel it now?

i ended up a n e on saturday night after cutting index finger open to bone on glass and really struggled with the push ups last night!

also, if anyone can help out here would be appreciated....anyone noticed that they are putting on weight rather quickly? i have put on 3lbs since starting the shred 3 days ago....what could this be?
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    im at day three, the exercise kicks my butt big time, but i feel so pwerfull after it!!!! can hardly walk now though and when i walk i look like i should wear a diaper 8-) things will get better wont they? :P
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    Today is day 15 for me.

I noticed visible differences in my body by day 5. Never had that with ANY work out before, including when I worked with a personal trainer.

It's tough, but worth it. I just keep telling myself it's only 20 minutes. it's only 20 minutes. (I actually do about 30, start warming up before she does, and I count the cool down....) but you can do it with the right mind set.

good luck!

exactly, those are my thoughts 20 min straight its allmost over!, and she makes me want to strangle her when she calls everyone buddy -.- ahhh and im only on day 3! think after the next 23 days, if anyone ever says buddy again.. grrrrrr
  • sd892310
    Options
    So, completed L1D5 last night and am starting to think i see a difference! Avoiding the scales at the moment as they seem to be rising :ohwell: hoping they will sort themselves out by the time day 30 is over, if i keep gaining at this rate i will be weighing an extra 18lbs :noway: really hoping that doesnt happen lol!

How's it going with everyone else? anyone feeling it yet? starting to notice any changes?

Wishing everyone good luck!
  • mgravy
    mgravy Posts: 47
    Options
    I started 30DS this morning (just finished about 10 minutes ago). Jillian Michaels will kick the crap out of you...in the most pleasant way possible.
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just finished my work out today. I did L2 yesterday....yeah I don't think I am quite there. So I went back to L1 today, I will try again in a few days to see if my strength gets better. Holy moly who knew 20 minutes could be so awesome for a work out! I have to say though last week I was not diligent in my workouts, but this week I am going for the gold! I have my goals now and I am focused!