350 pound 25 year old man

Options
Angrystonerguy
Angrystonerguy Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
ever since starting this weight loss 3 weeks ago I've been questioning myself a lot thinking am I making the right decisions? should I really care about what I eat as long as I having a good time in life? getting through these things in my mind has been the hardest part of losing weight. so far I've lost a little over 15 pounds..does anyone else here have thoughts like this?

Replies

• fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have moments like that but then I tell myself, "well, too many of those moments is what got ya here. I'm 40, obese and unhealthy". I'm no expert or pro at this but keep on keepin' on. Don't look at it as a chore and something that keeps you from having fun. Think of it as a way to attempt to out live anyone you want to dance on the grave of! :smiley::wink:
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Poor health precludes you from so much good stuff in life and at 350 lb, I'm sorry to say, poor health is highly likely to be something that you will have to deal with in the future.

Having a good time in life is a great thing to strive for but I think that you need to think about whether that is more achievable in a mobility scooter with type II diabetes than at a healthy body weight?

You're young and have the option now, today, to embark upon a healthier life - don't fail, don't put it off until later.

Best wishes.
  • Angrystonerguy
    Options
    thanks for the advice guys. sometimes it's hard to picture what you will be like when your older and you guys are right...probably a miserable dude with a lot of health problems. my next wiegh in is this Sunday I should still be making steady progress.
  • Jeremyinstl
    Jeremyinstl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First off congrats on 15 pounds! As a 37 yo man who has had my fair share of vices in life my advice to you is to ABSOLUTELY start taking care of your self now. I lived my mid 20s to mid 30's with that attitude. I promise you one day you will wake up and say what hell have i done with my self. You are most defiantly making the right decision. Now is the time man...... Have you ever heard anyone say "wish i wouldn't have lost all that weight and become healthy"

Your a young man it will get harder and harder the older you get. See how you like life at 200 pounds, if its not for you then you can always go back! Good Luck!!

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    If I can share my personal experience.

I was like you ate your age. I kept on telling myself I'll lose weight when I get to a certain weight/size. When I got to that size I bought bigger clothes and set a new limit. This happened time after time. At the age of 40 I weighed 360lbs. I was in bad shape and not only physically. My relationship with my wife deteriorated, I became a social recluse because I was ashamed of myself. Everyday activities like bathing and wiping my *kitten* became a logistical nightmare.

I've lost 140lbs over three years and my life is much better now than it was when I was "enjoying myself". My only regret is that I cant go back to my 20-something self and slap myself silly. The good time I had then was not worth all the bad times that followed as a result of my weight.

This is not to say that is what will become of you but it is a warning. If you think losing weight now is difficult, try it in 20 years' time.

Each person is different and the choice is yours.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think that life will become a lot more fun for you as you drop the weight. As we have gotten larger, food has become a front runner, everything revolves around food. You can still have this but be mindful of what you are eating. Eat to live don't live to eat. Good luck.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You are so young, it is difficult for you to see and really "know" how your life will become if you don't lose the weight.
    My husband got sick and it's was very frightening for both of us. He has since lost the weight and at 67 he is having so much fun-being healthy and enjoying food, drink, friends and family.
    He might not have lived had he not lost weight.
    I also lost over 60 pounds and at 62, believe it or not, I'm having the time of my life!
    Do it for you and your future!
    You will never regret it.
    Make sure you give yourself treats along the way, but stay within your calorie deficit.
    We ate stuff we loved all along our journey, but in moderation and never felt deprived!
    You can do!
    You already made a fabulous start!
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was around 330lbs at 23; then lost about 80lbs in my last year of university, then put about 20 back on over the last couple of years, and I'm still trying to find some motivation to lose another 70lbs or so, and finally work out. I'm not sure it ever changes.
  • fredgonzini
    fredgonzini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    eliteneok wrote: »
    thanks for the advice guys. sometimes it's hard to picture what you will be like when your older and you guys are right...probably a miserable dude with a lot of health problems. my next wiegh in is this Sunday I should still be making steady progress.

You can do it. Friend me fredgonzini. I would like to help I am down 78lb in 6 months. Stated at 309lb
  • Angrystonerguy
    Options
    thanks for the boost guys