If you're having a salad for lunch, what do you have with it?

Options
I feel like I have to have a dry crunch with my lunch. If I have a sandwich I have pirate booty or Boom Chika Pop popcorn. What would you suggest with a salad...pita, rice cake? And what do you have in the salad.

Replies

• BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    1/2 extra crispy toasted sourdough English muffin. With a little of the salad dressing on it, or I use it to push my salad onto the fork..
  • janelwilke2362
    janelwilke2362 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds yummy! Thanks! :)
  • erika_slims
    erika_slims Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    <3

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Found these parmesean cheese crisps at Costco. 15 Whisps are only 100 calories!
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Soup or 1/2 sandwich.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I like either a big salad with protein, veggies, avocado or nuts etc. or a smaller salad and soup.
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    dmt4641 wrote: »
    I like either a big salad with protein, veggies, avocado or nuts etc. or a smaller salad and soup.

This or a can of tuna over the top with a light dressing
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like salad with gorgonzola or blue cheese. Really good paired with whatever fruit is in season, esp pears!

On the side, my favorite is when I make sweet potato fries and re-crisp them in the toaster oven.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds.
    Cottage cheese.
    Sandwich.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Salad dressing
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just...have the salad. Usually it's 200 calories and huge because I used 180g of greens, about 200g of peppers and other veg like pepperoncini, red cabbage, or cucumbers. Then I have one laughing cow cheese wedge, 50-100 calories of tuna, and use hot sauce as dressing.

I'll have a snack about 2-3 hours later. Something with at least 20g of protein.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's good with pork rinds!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just...have the salad. Usually it's 200 calories and huge because I used 180g of greens, about 200g of peppers and other veg like pepperoncini, red cabbage, or cucumbers. Then I have one laughing cow cheese wedge, 50-100 calories of tuna, and use hot sauce as dressing.

I'll have a snack about 2-3 hours later. Something with at least 20g of protein.

hnnng
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I tend to have
    quiche
    veggie fingers (fake fish fingers no fishy taste)
    vegetarian sausages (not a vegetarian but they are way less fat but still filling).
    Chicken with various marinades
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    An apple.

Honestly though, for me the whole point of having a salad is to save the calories I'd use up on bread or whatnot...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    dmt4641 wrote: »

This. If the big salad, nothing, but I'd have lots of stuff in the salad, of course.

I sometimes get a greek salad with chicken plus a pita from a local place, however.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll use a Wasa Rye Cracker or two for a little crunch. Especially with tuna or egg salad. Slivered almonds or dried edamame is good as a crunchy topping for Asian style salads. I also love walnuts or pecans on a salad with fruit & blue cheese. And corn chips on taco salads.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I try to load my salads with protein- hard boiled eggs, cooked chicken or turkey, and sometimes a small amount of cheese. If I need some crunch, I typically add almonds or sunflower seeds or crunchy veggies.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Couscous with some kind of herbs or seasoning plus a few bits of chicken breast.