Options
2»

Replies

• akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    RNamd23 wrote: »
    maryward88 wrote: »
    Have you tried making a list for the grocery store and making yourself stick to it?

That would be helpful... If I actually went to the grocery store. I'm trying to get back on track and have big plans to grocery shop after I sleep today.

I'm getting the idea that you'd rather walk through lava than go grocery shopping ;-)

Do you live in an area where you can order online? Or can you work out an arrangement with someone (neighbor?) who can shop from your list? Or get a standing order from a store so all you have to do is pay and pickup?
  • RNamd23
    RNamd23 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    akamran1 wrote: »
    maryward88 wrote: »
    Have you tried making a list for the grocery store and making yourself stick to it?

That would be helpful... If I actually went to the grocery store. I'm trying to get back on track and have big plans to grocery shop after I sleep today.

I'm getting the idea that you'd rather walk through lava than go grocery shopping ;-)

Do you live in an area where you can order online? Or can you work out an arrangement with someone (neighbor?) who can shop from your list? Or get a standing order from a store so all you have to do is pay and pickup?

The grocery shopping isn't the issue as much as doing things with the groceries once I buy them and them not going to waste lol. I looked in to the meal delivery services, you know the ones where they'll send you all the pre-portioned ingredients right to your door and supposedly you can easily cook a meal... But they are insanely expensive.
  • ievent
    ievent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shift nurse too (working 4, 8-hour shifts/week, hopefully going to 12-hour shifts soon!) and struggle with "ideal meals". I tried Hello Fresh, a meal delivery service which was nice, however, was only enough for 4 meals/week. The prep time was just as long, if not longer to cook the meal! Do you have a supermarket where you can place your order online, and pick it up (i.e. "Hannaford To Go")? I'm currently out on medical leave after having surgery, but what I was doing previously was waking up, eating a dinner, the most protein filled meal of my day before going into work. Around 2AM, I would grab something quick to eat, or drink a protein drink. After my shift, I would come home, grab something light to eat, and go to sleep around 10AM and get up at 8PM or so.
  • RNamd23
    RNamd23 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I went grocery shopping! I pre-portioned out my fruits and veggies, already grilled and cut a few chicken breasts so I can easily throw them in a salad or eat them as is... Baby steps. Lol.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I went grocery shopping! I pre-portioned out my fruits and veggies, already grilled and cut a few chicken breasts so I can easily throw them in a salad or eat them as is... Baby steps. Lol.

Those are great baby steps!! :smiley:
  • Malaky1990
    Malaky1990 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work night shifts too .. Its the worst really
    But a huge tip : always carry your food with you ..
    Its long working hours
    The sleep deprivation Vs sleep cycles variation enhance huge junk food craving
    You can always manage prepare a healthy meal and snacks