Ideas for lunch.

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
Hey! Ive ran out of idea's of what to have for lunch!! I normally keeep to under 250 calories, so I have like bowl of salad, cup a soup, cereal,etc! but im just getting sooo bored of the same things now! By the way - i do not eat bread! soo pleasee dont say sandwiches! :laugh:

Any ideas people?

Thankss :bigsmile: x

Replies

• sezgirl
    sezgirl Posts: 23
    Options
    what about wraps?
  • river88island
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you!! im really bored of my dinners, i tend to eat alot of chicken and pasta at work but pasta sure aint good for you everyday!!

I need ideas as to something delicious but also low on the calories... x
  • river88island
    Options
    Great Idea!!!

Im off to the shops now :) x
  • xSophia19
    Options
    what about wraps?

I thought wraps were bread? Lol....
  • denisepep
    denisepep Posts: 6
    Options
    baked potato with filling of your choice?
  • BerryFruit
    BerryFruit Posts: 57
    Options
    Im really into Greek Salad this summer they are so yummy. Umm how about a small pasta salad you will need to measure everything if keeping it under 250. Or a vegi omlette. Sometimes when I am out of ideas I just google... "lunches 250 cal" see what inspires you.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you!! im really bored of my dinners, i tend to eat alot of chicken and pasta at work but pasta sure aint good for you everyday!!

I need ideas as to something delicious but also low on the calories... x

Mhhhm, its annoying isnt it. I just eat the same things day in day out lmao..

I might start making like omlettes or something, i dont know. :/ lol x
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    make a tomato sauce and instead of pasta use thin sliced zuchini :) got the recipe of one of the other boards, fills you up and very low cal
  • xSophia19
    Options
    make a tomato sauce and instead of pasta use thin sliced zuchini :) got the recipe of one of the other boards, fills you up and very low cal

ooooh sounds nice! whats zuchini? sorryy im a bit duuuhhh when it comes to fooods! lol
  • river88island
    Options
    I like omelettes so thats a good idea!! unfortunately its not something i can make a work :o(

But hope you enjoy :o) x
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    courgette ;)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I like omelettes so thats a good idea!! unfortunately its not something i can make a work :o(

But hope you enjoy :o) x

hehehe! i love omelette there gorg! got to be extra carefull on the old cheeese tho :wink: thats what will booost up ya calories lmao x
  • xSophia19
    Options
    courgette ;)

ewwwwww, dont eat them lol
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I switched up my lunches recently. Flat Out Flatbread (100 calories), Oscar Mayer deli meat (usually 45-50 calories for 6 slices), light mayo (45 calories/T), tomato and lettuce. Wrap it all!! Added up...... 195 calories

The Flatbreads also make a great pizza crust. Create your favorite healthy pizza, broil for a few minutes and you have a great dinner/lunch in minutes. When the flatbread fills up the whole plate, it is so pleasing to the eye that I get to eat all that and not eat a lot of calories.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I switched up my lunches recently. Flat Out Flatbread (100 calories), Oscar Mayer deli meat (usually 45-50 calories for 6 slices), light mayo (45 calories/T), tomato and lettuce. Wrap it all!! Added up...... 195 calories

The Flatbreads also make a great pizza crust. Create your favorite healthy pizza, broil for a few minutes and you have a great dinner/lunch in minutes. When the flatbread fills up the whole plate, it is so pleasing to the eye that I get to eat all that and not eat a lot of calories.

sounds scrummmy! but i dont eat bread at all :/
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    what about wraps?

No, wraps are not bresd. They are a great alternative though. I have one some days stuffed with salad and ham. I get the Weight Watchers ones,but there are loads about.
    I try to vary my lunches cos if not i get really bored like you say.

I will go from a salad with ham or chicken maybe with some crispbreads. To a pitta bread stuffed with salad and ham or tuna etc or a tortilla wrap as mentioned, Some days soup, some days just fruit and yoghurt.

Like osmeone else said, google lunches for 250 cals or less and that should give you some ideas.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    what about wraps?

No, wraps are not bresd. They are a great alternative though. I have one some days stuffed with salad and ham. I get the Weight Watchers ones,but there are loads about.
    I try to vary my lunches cos if not i get really bored like you say.

I will go from a salad with ham or chicken maybe with some crispbreads. To a pitta bread stuffed with salad and ham or tuna etc or a tortilla wrap as mentioned, Some days soup, some days just fruit and yoghurt.

Like osmeone else said, google lunches for 250 cals or less and that should give you some ideas.

ahhh riteee. there in bread section in my local shop just thought they were lol! I will have to invest on some weight watchers wraps!! and stuff them with salad! YUM! I also eat alot of ryvita aswell, but it like 40ish cals per cracker and by the time uve had a few and put fillings on them, the calories are sky high! Gosh i just cant win lol
  • jle78
    jle78 Posts: 7
    Options
    Do you have a microwave at work? If so you could make an omelette the night before, keep it in the fridge and then just heat it up. Also, you could try soups- easy to make large quantities at home, freeze if need be, and reheat in a microwave? This is one of my faves: https://sites.google.com/site/communityharvestwhetstone/recipes/thai-spinach-soup

Not sure what your budget/location is, but Marks and Spencer do really lovely salads. You could buy them or use them for inspiration! Using cous cous, quinoa or rice gives variety from pasta...

Oatcakes can make a nice change from Ryvita; try them topped with low fat cheese with some fruit.

Hope that helps!
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wraps are a kind of flatbread.

I usually make up a lunchbox of some cooked chicken pieces or prawns, a dollop of low-fat coleslaw, and a heap of salady things like tomatoes, maybe some sweetcorn, cucumber, salad from a bag, p'raps grilled peppers (you can get them in a jar, in brine rather than oil), a few olives - those kinds of things. It takes a couple of minutes in the morning to sling together, it's nice and filling, and it's only a couple of hundred calories.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Oooo very nice! got alot of new ideas now! thankyou all :happy: