I used to be on the success stories board.

Options
2»

Replies

• bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I so laughed out loud when I saw the title "I used to be on the success story boards" I know that feeling to well, thing is you have the knowledge and you can do it again, I also lost around 90lbs and gained it back after an accident, puck yourself up, you only have half the amount to lose this time
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't think of gaining some weight back (even 20 pounds) as a failure. See it as an adjustment. You learned how to lose weight, but you need to learn to maintain it. Sometimes we have to go off course to know where we want to be.

In economics there is the phrase "a dead cat bounce" it's a bit sick but it means that after prices (the cat) fall they will often go up again (bounce) temporarily, before settling (dead). The bounce is not a recovery. (sorry kitty)
    Your weight is a dead cat, it's gone, that's not you anymore, but you are experiencing the dead cat bounce. Don't let it fool you into accepting it
    as permanent.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a mindset thing ... you 'see' weight loss as a temporary measure that you have to struggle with and deprive yourself while doing it ... and that's why it's so hard to get started again.

It's not a stop-gap ... well, losing weight IS a temporary thing that might be a long, long, long temporary thing, but eating properly is what you are, or should, be figuring out and incorporating along the way so that when you don't have to lose any more weight you can just continue with your now 'normal' way of eating but with a bit more food, and yes, perhaps a bit less exercise.

• samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You lost 50 lbs before. That's an amazing accomplishment. Of course you can do this again. You already have all the knowledge from the first time around . And it's never too late. Just gotta find that motivation to start logging again. I'm not sure the streak is so much of an accomplishment if you aren't using the tools to your fullest ability.