Hi!

Options
Hi! I'm newer. I tried this app a while ago and thought I would get back into it! I recently quit smoking ( 9 months ago). I have gain about 30-40 pounds since. I am having a hard time keeping on track and the weight is very very hard to keep off. I go to the gym almost everyday and no weight has been lost.

Any tips or ideas are greatly appriciated!

Tiffany ☺

Replies

• JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about burning more calories than you take in. MFP should give you a good calorie goal. If you hit it then you'll lose. Calories burned exercising are added to your daily goal, but generally you'll lose faster if you don't eat all of those back.
  • tiffanygonsman
    tiffanygonsman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I've been doing good so far this week with staying in my 1600 calorie range. I didn't log the past couple days but I have been eating the same thing all week! So far no weight loss.
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany, are you using the barcode scanner for food, it tends to be pretty accurate, I started a few weeks ago and I'm 30lbs down already even with an over indulgent treat day once per week, mind you my weight is dropping off quickly due to being laid up for over a year after a bike accident, I've just started getting to the gym again and focusing on keeping my calories in deficit, feel free to add if you like.