How often do you weigh?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Daily. I find the ups and downs interesting. My "official" weigh in is Friday morning.

Me too. Sometimes if I'm excited I'll even weigh at different times of day. I've gotten where I can predict my morning weight based on where I am before going to bed.

• lynne822
    lynne822 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the scale hidden and take it out once a week on Sunday morning. This keeps me in line on the weekends. Lost 50 pounds and still losing. One a week is what I did on weight watchers to keep one on track. I was doing weight watchers until they changes their program and no longer works and felt miserable. I do have some good recipes if anyone wants them that are not too high in calories that are very good. Just message me.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Never used to weigh until I got close to my goal. It is a youth trauma, but also I di not see a need, there is more to life than the scale. Now I weigh myself once a month. That is for me more than enough. It avoids the freaking out because I had a non perfect day/week feeling.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Once every couple months, sopped caring about the number on the scale a long time ago and it was liberating... Now I focus on the way my cloth fits....
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • EllieRR03
    EllieRR03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Weekly. Long enough to see any real differences, but not too long to wait. I do it mid-week so I have something to look forward to. :smile:
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sundays before I have eaten.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Daily after using the washroom in the morning and before eating or drinking anything.

Using a scale with good batteries located on the same hard spot on the floor and re-calibrated on a weekly basis.

I then plonk the numbers into a weight trend program to smooth out natural weight variations and see how things are shaping up over time (Look into www.trendweight.com and www.weightgrapher.com. Happy Scale for iPhone, Libra Android)

I only announce new lows on MFP because otherwise people would go nuts talking about the same lb lost a dozen times before it goes away.

• laoighse
    laoighse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and use an app called Happy Scale which calculates a moving average. you get a graph and daily weighings can be above or below the line ( sometimes on) . I think of below line readings as pulling the line down, above line ( especially if there are three or four in a row above) as pulling it up. The daily weight is a reminder of my goals.p6tdwcycbzfg.png
    This is a screen shot of recent weighing, free app, good information. The moving average is the important number, it smooths out the daily ups and downs.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day in the morning after I pee, I then keep a 7 day running average. Your daily weight will fluctuate quite a bit. The only problem I see with weekly is if you weigh on a high day or a low day you may not see the total picture. I graph my 7 day running average so you don't get too hung up on the daily swings.
  • smelliefeet
    smelliefeet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Never, I don't own a scale.

I measure my arms/waist/hips/thighs on the 11th of every month with a tape measure.

I do weigh my food every second of every day though!! :wink:
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    every morning upon waking first thing after I pee :)
    Fee free to add me as a friend- my diary is open and I love sharing my TIPS for fitness and clean eating!
  • kberletic253
    kberletic253 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Every morning after I use the bathroom and before I eat/drink anything.

Although daily variations can sometimes be annoying, it's the trend that matters. The idea of computing a 7 day moving average (above) is a good one. Think I'll try doing that.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Friday mornings/early afternoons after making a pit stop and usually before drinking something (unless I'm very thirsty when I wake up, I have a little something to drink).
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Daily. But like others I keep it in a spreadsheet that shapes based on trends. It bounces up and down but as long as the trend is down I feel good. I also use Sunday morning as my compare week to week. And I'll have it calculate total lost and average loss per week. It is totally obsessive but keeps me more motivated. I found in the past the once a week would make me sad if it went up on a good week. But the running trend is down so I don't sweat the bounce as much.
  • BJG7_UK
    BJG7_UK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh in every couple of days!

But now hardly ever, I use the mirror for tracking my progress and that's about it.