Thank you ice cream gods!

Options

Replies

• JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I find Artic Zero to be incredible, after some modifications. If I add a scoop of zero calorie marshmallow or caramel dip to any of the flavors and mix, it turns it creamy and it's incredible! I mean, absolutely incredible and for 150-170 calories for most of the pints, you can't beat it. Although, this stuff intrigues me and I may give it a whirl.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    This is the only ice cream I buy now! Love the lemon cake and mint chip the most!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I ADORE it!!! The KEY is to leave it out and let it soften. It is EVEN better. My store doesn't sell the lemon cake version. :-( The flavors they do stock are hard to keep in the store.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I like Enlightened too but the artificial aftertaste is much stronger than with Halo Top.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is very exciting. I am going out to buy some today. I really didn't like arctic zero, but I'm curious to know what zero calorie marshmallow and caramel dip you used @JinjoJoey
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wish Walmart carried It. Best I can do is Eddy's slow churned
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    BillMcKay1 wrote: »
    Sadly not sold in Canada.... :'(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........SO SAAAAAAAD! seriously though. I spent the whole thread wondering how the heck I can find this and then I scrolled past you and you broke my heart.
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    He1loKitty wrote: »
    This is very exciting. I am going out to buy some today. I really didn't like arctic zero, but I'm curious to know what zero calorie marshmallow and caramel dip you used @JinjoJoey

They have a whole line. Some of their stuff is awful, mind you. Some of their stuff, namely, the caramel, marshmallow and chocolate dip is incredible, considering, it's 0 calories. A couple of small spoons of this, mixed with the article zero, makes it pretty incredible, and the caramel, even more so! And the caramel dip with apples is pretty unbelievable for 0 calories. It's not perfect, but nothing will be for 0 cal. The only place I've seemed to find the brand is Cub Foods, but I haven't searched too much since there's Cubs all over my state.

zjdtld.png
  • Anaaremade
    Anaaremade Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Thank you so much for this discovery. I'm trying keto diet and it's great to know I can squeeze this in there.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I looooove ice cream. If you asked me what the last thing I would want to eat before I die, I'd say ice cream.

But NOT Halo Top. Tried it and was not impressed. Too sweet and crappy texture.

Life is short and must be lived well. To that end, I'll treat myself now and then to real, delicious, creamy ice cream from my favorite local ice cream stand: Three Twins (Napa, CA)
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JinjoJoey wrote: »
    He1loKitty wrote: »

They have a whole line. Some of their stuff is awful, mind you. Some of their stuff, namely, the caramel, marshmallow and chocolate dip is incredible, considering, it's 0 calories. A couple of small spoons of this, mixed with the article zero, makes it pretty incredible, and the caramel, even more so! And the caramel dip with apples is pretty unbelievable for 0 calories. It's not perfect, but nothing will be for 0 cal. The only place I've seemed to find the brand is Cub Foods, but I haven't searched too much since there's Cubs all over my state.

zjdtld.png

Walden farms is amazing. I think their best product is the calorie free pancake syrup!!! I love Walden Farms!
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I buy Walden farms online at Amazon.com
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    What's the pricing look like on this? I can get a gallon tub of regular ice cream for $5 or less. It's not stellar tasting, of course, but that's 200-300 kcal/cup vs 120 kcal for this stuff.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    OMG Thank you. Ice-cream is my kryptonite so I will definitely be venturing over there sometime soon!
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to see if I can find some Halo Top around here
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Well, there is no Whole Foods around here that I know of. Sad...... :(
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    What's the pricing look like on this? I can get a gallon tub of regular ice cream for $5 or less. It's not stellar tasting, of course, but that's 200-300 kcal/cup vs 120 kcal for this stuff.

around $6-7 for a pint (4 "servings")

Yowza!