WATER WEIGHT is HAUNTING ME!!!!

Options
PLEASE HELP....The holiday weekend i somehow gained 5lbs!! im thinking its water weight but i just dont know how to get rid of it..I am not a thirsty person so its VERY hard for me to drink huge amounts of water a day .. i usually can only get down about 5 glasses and maybe a glass of crystal light tea for dinner, I need advice on what i can do.. Ive also heard of people taking water pills and it helping them keep the water weight off.. does anyone suggest them? or have information about them??

Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    if you're only getting about 5 glasses of water daily you may actually be dehydrated. I too gained some weight over the weekend (too much time at the bar, hahaha!). I suggest getting back on your regular diet/exercise routine and try to drink more water. The weight gain could also be related to high sodium intake. Try not to freak out. In fact, I've found that when I fall off the wagon food wise, it helps me to NOT weigh myself for a good week after getting back in my routine. That way I can get back on track and not spaz about a number. Good luck!
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    bump
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    You're not the only one , go check out my Adios Thread :smile:

it's certainly got folk talking , and lurking !
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm in the same boat after "celebrating" a little too much. Ugggh. I feel so bloated. I'm going to drink water like crazy. Any other suggestions are welcome. The thing is, I even ran twice while away over the long weekend, but I did have a lot of extra "snacky" foods and "adult beverages" that I wouldn't have normally had. Just trying to move on and get back to the master plan :)
  • jkqe20
    jkqe20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually Do drink a ton of water (like 2 gallons a day) I always have and therefore I really dont seem to retain too much of it.
    Anyhow I can tell you for sure when I have consumed too much sodium in my diet, I always gain some.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I play this game all the time, some days I drink enough water, some days I don't. I compound the issue by also being a salt fiend, I know that if I eat salt I have an even bigger problem. It sucks!
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    how long does it take for you to counteract your sodium intake....i went WAAAAAAYYYYY over at the weekend and nervous about my Saturday weigh in :( have been drinking water like mad
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    About 24 hours if you really flush it out with water, which it sounds like you are, it'll be fine.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I find if I drink water from a cup I dont drink as much but If I drink it from a water bottle with a straw all day long I can drink 12 cups no problem. But yes you do need 8 cups and eat under 2500mg of sodium in a day and no white flour foods because that will just turn to sugar and make you gain as well. But eating high potassium with counter act the sodium. So even a day when you go out to eat eat a banana too and it will help so much!