Over 60, looking to lose 60, already exercising

Options
jmf552
jmf552 Posts: 47 Member
I have had a login to MFP for a long time and dabbled with it from time to time, but this time I am vowing to take it seriously. I have a good, medically supervised exercise program going and now I need to get the diet right. The only times I have lost major weight in my life has been through Weight Watchers, but each time I got to the point I just couldn't stand psychologically. I felt like it was their program that I had to fit in to. I also realized the only thing I did at WW that really caused me to lose weight was tracking. And with MFP, I can do that without all the other trappings. As long as I track, I lose.

I hope to make some friends here, get and give some support.

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi, you are right. That tracking or calories is the best way to stay on point. It can get tedious and burn out is common. The friends that I have here on mfp seem to prevent that. Get yourself a nice support group of friends and you'll be fine. Add me if you like.
    Rick
  • joprotherough
    joprotherough Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I was hoping someone around my age would be on here!
  • Luna3828
    Luna3828 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did WW for years and years. I rarely went to my meetings, tracked regularly but also paid a monthly fee for an app that did not function like MFP. I cancelled my WW membership and now I use this awesome free MFP app that has multi add buttons which WW never did and that drove me insane. I also need MFP friends and if anyone can share their diary that would be awesome.
  • JSG3711
    JSG3711 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today, and I have also done the WW thing. The new WW program was so confusing that I came back to MFP to try again. Good Luck with your new program. We are all in this together. Add me to your friends if you like.