A vegan burger than looks/tastes like meat?!

Options
st476
st476 Posts: 357 Member
https://impossiblefoods.com
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall/bleeding-vegetable-burger?utm_term=.ui1NPxp4Z6#.py1Onq9vKl

Check out those two links! I thought this was so cool and want to hear other people's thought. Would you try it? I'm not too far from NYC (2 hour drive) so it's definitely on my things to try haha

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    looks too real i would vomit

ill stick to regular vegan burgers
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

This is my feel on the subject too. When I eat a "meat analogue" it's not because I want something that looks or tastes like meat. It's because it's a vegan product that has a reasonable amount of protein when compared to overall calories.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but yeah I assumed some vegans or vegetarians wouldn't like it very much for that reason haha if I didn't eat meat I would probably feel so wrong eating that burger
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me for something to look like meat. I want it to have lots of protein and moderate calories. Like BecomingBane.

The "Beyond Beef" crumbles look pretty realistic too. I like them because they're yummy in tacos and about 75g of protein for a bag.
  • salembambi
    Options

This is my feel on the subject too. When I eat a "meat analogue" it's not because I want something that looks or tastes like meat. It's because it's a vegan product that has a reasonable amount of protein when compared to overall calories.

Gardien beefless burgers are amazing i dont need to see "red" on my burger ewww who the hell wants to think of or see blood when eating food
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have friends that like the taste of meat, but have become vegan because of the way animals are treated in the food industry. They would love this.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

Gardien beefless burgers are amazing i dont need to see "red" on my burger ewww who the hell wants to think of or see blood when eating food

Not even a beet burger?

That is strange that as a vegan you would associate red with blood, but not with a vegetable such as beets.

But a brown patty doesn't remind you of rotten flesh?

Beet burgers are the bomb.

OD-BI100_VEGGIE_8S_20151020144810.jpg

quinoa-beet-chickpea-burgers-71.jpg

6801889691_d493e7a713_z.jpg

• DaddieCat
    Options

I eat quite a bit of their "chicken" products... and the black bean burger patties they make are darn good, but not as good as any I make. ;)

And as so far as beet burgers go, yup, they are delicious, but so much effort... I'd rather just eat the beets. They are already good.
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    DTO3167 wrote: »
    I find it funny how "vegans" or "vegetarians" hate meat but want things to look and taste like meat. Its like those people who want fruit and go for something that tastes like vs just eating the fruit.

Isn't what we're talking about exactly the opposite of that? I mean, I'm pretty sure that's what the whole discussion has been about.
  • salembambi
    Options

Not even a beet burger?

That is strange that as a vegan you would associate red with blood, but not with a vegetable such as beets.

But a brown patty doesn't remind you of rotten flesh?

Beet burgers are the bomb.

OD-BI100_VEGGIE_8S_20151020144810.jpg

quinoa-beet-chickpea-burgers-71.jpg

6801889691_d493e7a713_z.jpg

did u even look at the OP's link?? it looks like bloody flesh

beet burgers look like beet burgers
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I find it funny how "vegans" or "vegetarians" hate meat but want things to look and taste like meat. Its like those people who want fruit and go for something that tastes like vs just eating the fruit.

Actually most people are Veg for ethical reasons, not because they don't like the taste of meat. So they opt for food that's tastes like meat sometimes but an animal didn't have to be killed. It's not at all like people that don't like fruit.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Think il be trying out those beet burgers they look gooood
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I could see buying this to cook at a BBQ for my non-vegan friends. I'd eat it, and I am sure I'd enjoy it, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Those beet burgers look far more delicious to me. Now, figure out how to stuff those "beyond meat" burgers with blue cheese or something similar and I am 100% in.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    What is up with those people and the taste of blood? Are they vampires?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan. I have egg, dairy and shellfish allergies and I HATE the taste/texture of meat (and most fake meat products). I finally convinced my parents to let me stop eating it when I was about 10, because I was just wasting it anyway. I've seen these burgers in articles that show up on my FB feed, and the thought of eating something like that makes me want to hurl.

HOWEVER, my husband eats meat and everything else. He eats a lot of the fake meat products too, as he's discovered that they fit into his macros better than regular meat on occasion, and I think he'd love these.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options

That is quite peculiar isn't it
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'd try them. I love a good black bean burger, but I would have to say no to the beet burger.
    Much like several of you have no interest in meat products, I have no interest in beet products. Call it a traumatic childhood event, but just NO...LOL

@st476 - if you do get the opportunity to try them, I hope you enjoy it!
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Think about the product from a sales and marketing standpoint. They are not making this for vegans/vegetarians they made it to convert meat eaters to their product. Much higher sales base than vegetarians/vegans.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »
    Think about the product from a sales and marketing standpoint. They are not making this for vegans/vegetarians they made it to convert meat eaters to their product. Much higher sales base than vegetarians/vegans.

this is what i was going to say. For someone like myself, if i could cut my meat intake by 25% that would probably be a good thing.