Any Hope for Cellulite?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I found really reducing my dairy intake reduced my cellulite by a visible amount.

Also spinning seems to have sorted the rest.

It's only visible at certain angles now, much better.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Reduce body fat, increase lean muscle mass. Or fascia cutting via laser as mentioned above. Not my thing! I think option number one would be the better route to go, with other benefits to boot.
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Searching...
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    That Fasciablaster is the most ridiculous thing I've seen! LOL. Who knows though right?

I found myself magnesium deficient last november and began taking supplements. I also picked up some magnesium oil and was massaging it into my lower back, hips, buttocks and hamstrings, (they were in such pain and so cramped I suddenly had an inkling and realized I was magnesium deficient).

My pain was very severe, every muscle and tendon and ligament in that area was one big charley horse. It took weeks to recover, but during that time I used the oil as well as pills, and was massaging myself so hard I bruised myself. But, I noticed a reduction in cellulite. I didn't keep it up after the recovery, I just noticed that somewhere in between mag oil massage and deep tissue massage, and maybe just the oil conditioning my skin, there was a reduction in visibility of cellulite.

So maybe that Fasciablaster has a point, but you'd have to massage yourself VERY hard so that its painful, for it to have an effect, and maybe magnesium helps loosen things up, all I can say is I did see an effect. (Epsom salts would also be magnesium).

I personally don't have 45 minutes a day to give myself deep butt and hamstring massages when there is no need anymore though, and I didn't enjoy the bruises!
  • _puedohacerlo_
    _puedohacerlo_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite, even though I was skinny. I thought there was nothing I could do about it. But when I started strength training and lowering my body fat%, I noticed a HUGE difference. I had given up wearing shorts years ago, and this summer I'm wearing them constantly!

I am a big believer in heavy lifting. I think every woman will look and feel better with more muscle. Not saying you won't have any cellulite, but it can definitely be reduced.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I used to have a lot of cellulite on my legs for a long time.

A couple of years of strength-training with moderate - heavy weights (squats, lunges, deadlifts etc.), lots of fast fitness walking daily (I currently put in around 35 miles a week) got rid of most of my leg cellulite.

One year later (last year) it was all gone!

I just stayed consistent with getting rid of body fat, my fitness routine and I had to have lots of patience. It took a long time.
  • clee707
    clee707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what every one else suggests. Lift Heavy! I have cellulite and that was the reason i started working out. I hated shorts and when you could see my dimples in tight dresses. lol I've been doing heavy squats, leg press, leg curl, leg extension ( need to lunge more) ...pretty much just really focusing on my lower body. Building muscle. I have seen a major decrease in just 2 months and I have been wearing shorts! =) lol
    Cellulite is how your body is storing the fat so of course if you have less fat and more muscle in in your problem areas - less cellulite.
  • denisehudak
    denisehudak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been using the FasciaBlaster for a month now and I am in that same Ashley Black FasciaBlaster group. I originally ordered it for severe tennis elbow because I heard that it was similar to the Graston technique, which many people have had success with. My tennis elbow pain is almost completely gone. I am also seeing results with less cellulite on my thighs. Ashley Black is the real deal-- check out her videos on YouTube and join the group if you want to see the results. I am so glad that I took the leap of faith and spent the $89 to get the FasciaBlaster! It does take some pain as you use it-- and most people will have some bruising, but it is temporary and the results are seriously amazing for so many people.
  • debrahbeger
    debrahbeger Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Okay so I know you put no creams or lotions BUT I do a homemade coffee scrub. It's just coconut oil... raw (large grained) sugar and freshly ground coffee beans (not too fine) just mix those 3 together to whatever texture you prefer. Careful though, the caffeine can be absorbed through the skin, so I do not suggest using it at night. But I was able to tell a difference after a couple of uses and now it is apart of my routine.