insanity challenge...cant do 60 days straight

Options
hi everyone, im new to the site and have been working out for a while. i bought the insanity challenge some weeks ago and i love the amount of sweat that comes off me when i do it because i feels like im doing something. the problem is i cannot do 60 days straight, i've been able to do only up to week two of exercises taking a break every couple days. has anyone else done this and have you had results? i just feel discouraged seeing a two month calendar on my wall and i can only get to day 10 before deciding to just start over.

Replies

• estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had trouble completing the warm up. Now at a point I can complete a workout.
  • dont_u_mean_carrots
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the 60 day challenge, but maybe you're just not ready for it at this moment. Keep at the lower levels and keep working up a sweat. Keep going and eventually you will be doing the work outs and not seeing as much sweat!
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Why are you taking the breaks after 2 weeks? Soreness, tired of the workouts, too hard?

Doing day 10 and then starting over will definitely make you feel discouraged seeing the 60 day calendar. Start putting X's on the days you are doing and don't look at it as 60 days, take it one day at a time. If you keep starting over, the 60 days turns into 120 and beyond.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just do the best you can. Try to go straigth through though.

Not sure what you fitness level was before you started, but maybe you should start out with something less intense and build up to doing insanity.

I am on day 10 of Insanity, and although I can't keep up, I just do what I can.

Stay encouraged! You will do this.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    When you say you have been able to do only up to two weeks of exercise and then taking a break for a couple days, is that break due to pain or will power? The glorious thing about these programs is you have to commit and push play (unless you have body pain). If you follow the plan and push play everyday and commit 100% of you to the program you will see results. But with that said, the program is based on your level fitness. If you have to take breaks throughout the workouts that is fine as long as you are giving your all. Everyone in the videos take breaks, you can too...
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i bought the 20 min insanity fast and furious. i can barely get through it and if i do im bent over huffing through half of it so it doesnt really count.... ive been working out for 2 years and thought i was all bad *kitten*. this **** is hard!!!!!!!!

when you all first started was it like this for you too? how long did it take you to get it together?
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity and I don't follow the "plan" there are other workout things that I like to do. I think it took me about a month and a half to get through th first month. What I did was I skipped the "rest day" since I was already taking those other days and just went with the calendar one day at a time. At the end of the workout month I did lose a little weight but I mostly lost inches, the most noted was on my waist (2 inches there, YAY!). So I guess what I'm saying is that you don't need to follow it exactly to see a difference.
  • amberfranklin1
    amberfranklin1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I completed month 2 of Insanity last week. I did not follow the 60 days to a tee, just used the calendar as a schedule. Especially during month one I was really busy, so I just checked the days off as I was able to do them (I did other exercises on the other days). I started Insanity on 4/18 and did not actually complete the entire program until July 1. I ended up losing 11 pounds and 16.5 inches. I am a die hard believer of Insanity and plan to restart next week. Do what you can and you will get better. By the end you will feel so good about yourself!
  • Maddog9933
    Options
    Dear currlygirrl,

I too am doing the insanity challenge (2nd time around) and it does seem daunting. I made it through the first time but the 2nd time through I find it hard to gear up for the challenge esp. during the 2nd 30 days. A friend of mine suggested to take an active rest day between days doing either a yoga video or the Insanity Recovery video. It is also more beneficial to my joints as well having a rest day between.

Keep going. I play recreational sports (softball, volleyball, flag football, running) and I have noticed a difference in my endurance and stamina. Whether you do 60 days or 160 days, you will get very noticable results from finishing it both physically and mentally. :smile:
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a tough program even for those who are fit and exercise reguarly. Don't get discouraged. What encourages me is seeing how my physical strength and endurance has changed during Insanity. Before Insanity I could not do a regular pushup, only girly pushups. Now I can do a regular standard pushup, now I can do jumping jacks, all sorts of exercises I did not have the strength to do before. Look at your body changes, because w/ Insanity, your body changes quickly. I look at my inch loss, the increase in definition in my muscles, how my body is leaning out. I've had trouble staying motivated too, because its such a hard physical workout, but you can endure!!! Tell yourself that quitting is NOT an option! One person had a great idea when they said, tick off the days that you have accomplished. Do your fit tests, once you see the progress in your fit tests, it will keep you motivated. Don't be discouraged!!!
  • Rosemarose
    Rosemarose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i take breaks because my body is so sore and im extremely tired all the time. my plan for a day or two off turns into a week and i feel like a should start over to get the full effect. i know it sounds ridiculous but my day 1 box has 4 checks in it from starting over so many times.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    The only thing about being sore, is if it is only sore, you need to push through the workout. If you are hurt, then take the rest. If I didn't workout when I was sore, I wouldn't workout at all. If you push through the soreness, you will become "use" to the workouts and will quit being sore. If you keep quitting and going back literally to day 1 after the breaks, then you will never get out of the soreness stage.