Help breaking my 4 weak plateau?!!

I'm a 20yr old female, 5'3 and 131lbs down from my 140lbs. I follow a plant based diet (1500 cals per day) and jog on the treadmill for 45mins 5 days per week. I've been doing this for the past 3 months but my weight loss has stalled for the past month. I've lost around 10lbs so far, any help as to how to break this plateau?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,941 Member
    Try by increasing the intensity of your jogging. Your body is adjusting to the amount of calories you take in along with the intensity you currently do. Increasing the intensity should raise your RMR a little.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    I'm 40 years older than you, but pretty much the exact same history stats. When I had a plateau for 4 weeks I asked MFP friends for advice. I was told to measure everything I ate - with a scale, not by volume. They said I was underestimating! Ha ha - I was ticked off and sad because I knew I wasn't.... but I got a food scale from the thrift shop, thinking, "I'll show them!!!" But much to my shock I was underestimating my intake by about 250 - 350 cals per day. I was measuring food by volume not by weight so my calories were underestimated. Not too much, but enough to slow me down so that the scale very rarely moved for a month!
    Also - I've added some weights to my exercising and that has changed my shape much more than my hours on the elliptical. The scale does not tell all.
    Best wishes!
  • LauraGrove1
    LauraGrove1 Posts: 11 Member
    Sometimes a change in routine helps.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Question everything you're doing. For instance, I trusted the scoop in the tub of the protein powder to give me one of a 50 g serving. One day I weighed the contents of the scoop and found that it was 57 g. The protein powder was one of the more calorie dense foods I often have and it was always off by about 10% or more above what I thought I was getting.
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    I would check MFP to see if your calorie intake should be lowered, as you lose weight your daily calorie needs will go down.
  • LaurenJemma
    LaurenJemma Posts: 2 Member
    *week just spotted that haha
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    I didn't lose weight for almost 4 weeks then out of nowhere I dropped 3 lbs in 2 days. I didn't change the number of calories I ate either. If you're absolutely sure there's no error in your weighing/logging then just be patient. :) If you don't weigh your food, then I would start there.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I'm 40 years older than you, but pretty much the exact same history stats. When I had a plateau for 4 weeks I asked MFP friends for advice. I was told to measure everything I ate - with a scale, not by volume. They said I was underestimating! Ha ha - I was ticked off and sad because I knew I wasn't.... but I got a food scale from the thrift shop, thinking, "I'll show them!!!" But much to my shock I was underestimating my intake by about 250 - 350 cals per day. I was measuring food by volume not by weight so my calories were underestimated. Not too much, but enough to slow me down so that the scale very rarely moved for a month!
    Also - I've added some weights to my exercising and that has changed my shape much more than my hours on the elliptical. The scale does not tell all.
    Best wishes!
    B4Rachael wrote: »
    I would check MFP to see if your calorie intake should be lowered, as you lose weight your daily calorie needs will go down.

These.