Is it possible!?

Options
I GAINED 20 lbs IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!!
i also stopped taking anti depressants because something happened and they stopped prescribing it to me and now im back on using them, and i finally got friends (after 4 years completely alone in highschool) so we hang out alot in the city but 20 lbs????????

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's doubtful that you've gained 20lbs of fat.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

this. It's likely that, if you start counting calories again, you'll start to "lose" that weight pretty quickly. At least some of it. Weight can fluctuate ~5lbs each day, so don't get discouraged. Just keep tracking calories and staying active and you'll be back on the right track!
  • linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »

this. It's likely that, if you start counting calories again, you'll start to "lose" that weight pretty quickly. At least some of it. Weight can fluctuate ~5lbs each day, so don't get discouraged. Just keep tracking calories and staying active and you'll be back on the right track!

But the pants that were loose on me a couple weeks ago are very tight now!!

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    linlinjay wrote: »

Yes, because you're retaining water.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Could it be the anti depressants? I know that some meds cause weight loss or weight gain?
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The only person who can answer this question is you. It's probably possible to gain 20 lbs in a month, but I doubt that you could do it and still be surprised. You'd have to eat an average of 2300 calories per day over maintenance. If your diet didn't change drastically, then you probably didn't gain 20 lbs of fat.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Yep! Hell, even just 3lbs of water weight will make my pants tight now. It's completely possible.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options

You did not gain 20lbs of fat in a month.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Could it be the anti depressants? I know that some meds cause weight loss or weight gain?
    No. Medications may affect your appetite but they do not directly cause weight loss or gain.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    carmkizzle wrote: »

I almost want to see this as a challenge to be taken on.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Pretty sure I could get close
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    No. Medications may affect your appetite but they do not directly cause weight loss or gain.

Not water retention either?
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Pretty sure I could get close

I think I could too, but honestly I'd hate the dieting afterwards
  • fineporcelain01
    fineporcelain01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Yep! Hell, even just 3lbs of water weight will make my pants tight now. It's completely possible.

Just remember that if you dont have a healthy bm( sorry if it's TMI) can also add weight.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Not 20 lb worth PP !!!!!!! :o
  • wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nothing is impossible
    Keep in mind that if it is possible for your body to gain this amount of lbs in one month
    means you can lose them too in the same amount of time who knows? Did you try ;)
  • linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    wessx1 wrote: »
    Nothing is impossible
    Keep in mind that if it is possible for your body to gain this amount of lbs in one month
    means you can lose them too in the same amount of time who knows? Did you try ;)
    No but im so tired and dissapointed in myself!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Who cares if it's possible or not( it's Possible if you ate at a large large calorie surplus but you would obviously know it . It wouldn't happen by surprise)
    It's more likely that you've gained some weight from over eating and are also retaining water . So it makes no difference if it's possible or not. Just try to fix the issue. Start weighing your foods and logging accurately. Remember that weight loss comes from a calorie deficit.