What was your longest plateau?

Options
So far I've been bouncing around 121-122 for almost 4 weeks and it's driving me crazy!! I'm weighing and logging everything and according to my Fitbit my deficits have been where they should be.

I'm so impatient

Replies

• Nnsando
    Nnsando Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mine was like 6 months!! It's frustrating but just keep at it.
  • mollymummy
    mollymummy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine was around 2 months
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bouncing up and down for 2,5 months soon. Never gaining more than 5 lbs even from water but never dropping from my current lowest weight either... :(
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You probably don't want to hear this but ... If you aren't losing weight after a month or so, then you are simply eating too much. You are going to have to reduce your calorie consumption.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Luckily I haven't had one yet (touch wood) I always have a consistently high deficit and have been losing every week because of this. Same when I did this 3 years ago I never had a plateau, but then I didn't have an exact number on the scales I was trying to get to, I go more on how I feel and how my clothes fit, so I don't worry about "those last couple of pounds"
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Mine was 7-8 months. I would lose and regain the same 3-4 lbs. For most people, it's a simple CICO, but for me, it's more to it than that. Fortunately I finally found what works for me.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    ErinSot wrote: »
    So far I've been bouncing around 121-122 for almost 4 weeks and it's driving me crazy!! I'm weighing and logging everything and according to my Fitbit my deficits have been where they should be.

I'm so impatient

About 6 Months, diet was the considerable issue.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    7 weeks because I skipped a period. Then I lost what I should have lost in that time in about one week. I just retain water until I get a period, apparently.

But typically, plateaus mean that you're either retaining water, or eating too much.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    7 weeks because I skipped a period. Then I lost what I should have lost in that time in about one week. I just retain water until I get a period, apparently.

But typically, plateaus mean that you're either retaining water, or eating too much.

I've noticed that! My last period was irregular so hopefully that's it.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My longest plateau was in in Utah. It was 27miles long and took me all day to walk.

Omg LOL
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My longest plateau was in in Utah. It was 27miles long and took me all day to walk.

Hahaha! *high five*
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    You probably don't want to hear this but ... If you aren't losing weight after a month or so, then you are simply eating too much. You are going to have to reduce your calorie consumption.

I appreciate this post. I have however been logging and weighing everything and wearing a HR monitor 24/7 which accurately calculates my calories out. So ya lol
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    5 months
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Bxqtie116 wrote: »
    Mine was 7-8 months. I would lose and regain the same 3-4 lbs. For most people, it's a simple CICO, but for me, it's more to it than that. Fortunately I finally found what works for me.

Same.
    I would lose and gain the same 4 pounds.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    3 weeks, it just ended yesterday and I lost 3lbs in two days. But my period right before the plateau was wonky, so I'm guessing that's what caused it. I know I was 100% accurate with CICO the entire time, as my Fitbit has been pretty spot-on for over two months before the plateau started.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Almost 4 weeks eating the same number of calories roughly each day. Then out of nowhere I lost 3 lbs in 2 days. But I know the reason for mine. I just started strength training this month and I knew I'd retain water so I decided to just be patient.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

That's not necessarily true. I worked out everyday, walked 30 minutes on my lunch break, hitting 10,000 steps while at work. Then hitting the gym for 1-1 1/2 hours 5-6 days a week. I was burning between 2700-3000 calories a day with a deficit close to if not 1000 calories. I did everything I thought I should but the scale didn't move for months. I decreased carbs, increased protein, ate more fresh fruit and less sugar but nothing. My body may have Leptin Resistance and the only thing that seems to work for me was intermittent fasting. Maybe my body needs more downtime to burn off the fat. I don't know, but it works. 8 lbs lost my first 6 weeks, so I'm happy and sticking to it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ErinSot wrote: »
    Vegplotter wrote: »

I appreciate this post. I have however been logging and weighing everything and wearing a HR monitor 24/7 which accurately calculates my calories out. So ya lol

Electronic devices are working on an algorithm that is based on a best guess, and/or the norm (average) for people in general. There is no affordable device that is 100% accurate, so what VegPlotter said is true.

If you are stuck, eat a little less next month. Your device is not fool-proof, and if it is in fact an HR monitor, those are only *somewhat* effective - and that's if you use them only for steady-state cardio AND you have your VO2 max accurately entered into the device AND if you are deducting your RMR from that number. They are not meant to be a 24 hour monitoring device.

Plus, you are close to your goal and it is really tricky when close to goal. Not much food to be eaten, and zero room for error. Ask me how I know. I've been bouncing around the last five pounds for months. Like four months - and I've been logging food since 2007.