Premium worth it?

Options
jinny1313
jinny1313 Posts: 42 Member
Being I'm only on the free version of this app haha, is premium really worth it? Let me know your thoughts! Thank you all!!

Replies

• RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It is for me. I didn't like the way MFP was working -- very slowly, lots of waiting for the ads to load before it would allow me to enter what I wanted. It wouldn't allow me to do somethings I preferred.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    Ad free
    more options on goal setting and food tracking
  • jinny1313
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice!!

Was trying to figure out what the benefits were
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Google: pop up ad blocker
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Yep.
    Ad free

Does it allow you to track more micronutrients on premium? That's a thing I find frustrating because there are some I need to keep an eye on that are not available to track.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Ads can be blocked with a free ad blocking software, just search the web.
    If you can benefit from the other features, e.g., macro settings by grams, different calorie goals for different days of the week, etc. it might make sense for you.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    LokiGrrl wrote: »
    Yep.
    Ad free

Does it allow you to track more micronutrients on premium? That's a thing I find frustrating because there are some I need to keep an eye on that are not available to track.

Afraid not :'(
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    LokiGrrl wrote: »
    Yep.
    Ad free

Afraid not :'(

Rats! Thanks.
  • fattyclatter
    fattyclatter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have Adblock Plus on my phone and I'm pretty sure it did nothing for the ads on the app?
  • WildlifeCoach
    WildlifeCoach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is the cost for premium?
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    What is the cost for premium?

gku5324qou9k.jpg

In my honest opinion it's not worth it. I don't mind paying prime prices for prime apps, this isn't one of them.
  • jinny1313
    Options
    Thank you all! I really was torn about it. Gonna stick with the free version for now unless there is some new updated benefits. Thanks again!!
  • ckwilson254
    ckwilson254 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can email them any problems you are having. They are prompt to return your email with solutions. Thats about it though.
  • easkey
    easkey Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sorry I am a little late to this topic, but I just searched the same thing "is premium worth it" and landed here. My husband had a heart attack on 12/12 and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes while in the hospital. We were sent home with a low-carb/low-fat/low-sodium diet. I am following it with him and needed a way to track nutrients per meal. So, I forked over the 1st month ($9.99) so I could see them on my app. I thought it was great but then we started eating a little differently (for example, I chose a yogurt with dinner while he chose a second glass of milk..about the same carb-wise.) So I decided to set up an account for him so his intake tracking was exact, and thought I would just logon/off the app on my phone to track for each of us. That got to be a pain so I logged on to the full site on my pc - and there, on the free site, were carbs by item, and by meal! I see all the food components by food and meal as well (fat/calories/sodium...) Why am I paying to see them on the app? Seems like if it is free on the site, it should be free on the app!! I will be cancelling premium and depending on the on-line site for us!